• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Juve have been trying to get rid of Rugani for a while now. Not saying that he's not any good, I'd just be wary of any links to him. Doubt that we're really interested.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Max needs games before he can be a first team regular for us

I’d take Rugani - wasn’t it allegri who said he was the best defender in Italy?

Max needs games before he can be a first team regular for us

Don't dare suggest sending him out on loan :icon_lol:

We have done exactly the right thing keeping him and Oskar here to develop.

Loans are awful.

Haha! Doesn’t need to be on loan, but he needs to be playing more than he has this season - 10 games in all competitions isn’t enough to be a hardened centre back.

I’m not a fan of Buur by the way, I’d definately be sending him on loan/selling him - I don’t think he has enough qualities to be a first teamer for us.

Maximilian is a weird one to judge. He's 23 now but because of his background is a few years behind that in his development.

I've always been impressed with him whenever I've seen him play. People talk about his ball playing skills because of his futsal experience but first and foremost he's just a bloody good defender.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of Buur by the way, I’d definately be sending him on loan/selling him - I don’t think he has enough qualities to be a first teamer for us.

I don't disagree (fantastic 90s haircut but not much else up to our level) - but loaning him out would have served no purpose.

It's such a lazy, lazy, lazy attitude and it really fucks me off. No I don't want to send MGW off to fucking Forest or whatever. It won't work for anyone.

I think with Max he has needed time as well to develop physically (as in, conditioning, speed, agility rather than strength). He's only been training full time as a professional for two years now!

Europe has obviously helped him get some more games, which is great, he's had some really good experiences this season. If Saiss hadn't been so brilliant in Boly's absence he might have got more time in the league, too.

A right sided centre back definitely the place to be looking at, I agree.

I'd rather have a LCH and keep Willy where he is so he can bollock Doc. He loves doing that.

It's such a lazy, lazy, lazy attitude and it really fucks me off. No I don't want to send MGW off to fucking Forest or whatever. It won't work for anyone.

I agree to an extent - Loans don’t help with most of the development players at our level need and in lots of cases are better served training with the likes of Moutinho/Boly/Jiminez etc. However, sometimes what players need is first team football, and there’s a limit to how many players can have that in our first team. Buur is never going to get more than 4 games a season with us, so either has to have a breakthrough moment with us or someone else, be that through a loan or a sale. He’s 22 so can’t be a prospect forever.

MGW on the other hand is getting enough games to develop, and will do so in our style and with superb coaching. He’s also only 20 years old so exactly where he is is the best place for him.

Kilman has had a couple of years of development but still needs to fill out - he has ability but needs games to see if he can develop into a top class player - he needs at least 20 games next season, and if we can’t give them to him, I think we should send him skmewhere he can get them.

Raul Jimenez and Ruben Neves both feature in the lower reaches of the latest football observatory 100 most valuable players. Raul rated at £50.3m and Ruben at £50.0m.

£18m seems logical really.

Raul Jimenez and Ruben Neves both feature in the lower reaches of the latest football observatory 100 most valuable players. Raul rated at £50.3m and Ruben at £50.0m.

£18m seems logical really.
Then you add on the fact that financially we don't need to sell and he's key to the way we play, so you get to £60m+ and then only if he acts a twat.

smith clearly has zero confidence in his keepers tbh. we saw when they visited us how they played injured keepers. said to aiki at the time that as the villa sub came on, he'd have to know his manager didn't trust him.
Wouldn't be surprised to see more than 1 keeper leave villa. smith seems to have signed a few.

Reina is only on loan, he'll go.

Can only think we would sign him to flip him a season later for a profit.

assume they're waiting for heatons injury to heal, and he is clearly their best. However nyland, steer and sarkic are all smith signings I think?
Reina is just a stop gap for heaton I assume.
I'd quite like Smith to do well there, but the signings strategy seems so odd, I can't figure out what input (if any) he has into it.

Robin Koch looks like he's on his way to Benfica. I wonder if that means Ruben Dias is leaving

Not worth getting bent out of shape by it, but makes you wonder if the Ruddy extension was to get some money back. That or we want Sondergaard to go out on loan

Back