• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Paying £34m for a player and selling him 12 months later for £18m isn't "making money"... It's a joke of an idea peddled by a press that still doesn't understand how Wolves operate

It's not just about not understanding Wolves, what club would do that unless they were suddenly ravaged by debt?

Paying £34m for a player and selling him 12 months later for £18m isn't "making money"... It's a joke of an idea peddled by a press that still doesn't understand how Wolves operate
Plus you don't sell a player when he's playing the best he has in his career. If he starts to drop off then you do it then.

Well, quite, that's obviously nonsense.

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2020/6/7/xx2ykjv0r17g6f5ok8gxhzwtlzs62d

Did we really bid for Carlos Vinicius?

We already have five first team forwards plus Campana plus kids, I don't think our attention needs to be focused there.

For a 25 year old his record does not stack up for him to be worth €60m. I like Alex on Twitter but I think he's being wildly optimistic there.

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2020/6/7/xx2ykjv0r17g6f5ok8gxhzwtlzs62d

Did we really bid for Carlos Vinicius?

We already have five first team forwards plus Campana plus kids, I don't think our attention needs to be focused there.

For a 25 year old his record does not stack up for him to be worth €60m. I like Alex on Twitter but I think he's being wildly optimistic there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did last summer, before we got Cutrone. Some articles suggested work permit issues stopped a deal happening.

I very much doubt we have bid £60m for him more recently though.

Saw Vinícius score a hat trick Vs Marítimo when I went to Lisbon last year. Despite the 3 goals I wasn't that impressed at all.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Brazilian Iwelumo would be more appropriate I think. An absolute beast of a man but not actually that good at football (still love you for that 1 season Lumes).

*Half season

I don't think we need another forward at all.

I have serious doubts about Campana, just based on who his father is and what Uncle Jorge gains from having him on his books but yeah, unless we lose someone we don't need anyone for those front 3 positions. Podence and Pedro Neto have filled the hole that Cutrone left in the squad.

As much as I love Jonny and Doc, those are the two positions that would be the most in need of an upgrade. Problem is it's such a unique role that upgrading them will not be easy at all. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go for João Cancelo again if City have given up on him. Left back is much harder, I'd love to see someone like Alex Telles, Álex Grimaldo or Marc Cucurella but all of those are pretty unrealistic.

I haven't given up on Vinagre. He's 21 years old.

Look at his work for our opening goal at Spurs.

He's not ready to be our #1 LWB at this point though. Jonny is clearly the better option there, the beautiful wee troll.

I haven't written anything properly for ages. I should write about Jonny Castro Otto. He's some guy.

Oh and as much as I love him, Saiss is probably the number one to upgrade. We need Boly II, so we have a pair of them.

Then a Joao understudy but good fucking luck with that, he's only one of the best players in the world.

There's not really such a thing as an underrated player in this Wolves side atm, I think we're all pretty unanimous in loving the whole lot of them to bits, but if that term applies to anyone in this squad it's Ower Jonny.

I'm surprised he hasn't worn the bloody turf away at Molineux plowing up and down that touchline.

I know we've been linked with Rúben Dias but I'd love to see us go for Gabriel Magalhães at CB.

I'm a big fan of Max Kilman though, he could easily break into this team. Very talented kid.

I do like Big Max. Even if he has the most childbearing hips of any footballer I've seen since Ronald Koeman.

You don't go to Anfield and stand up like he did if you're no good.

Dias would be way too expensive now for what he is btw.

Last summer would have been the time if any but I understand why we didn't press that button.

Rugani is interesting.

Back