• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

While my French is somewhat average even I can work out that the whole article is hung on interest in Neves from Tottenham. They can’t afford him.

All this shit about effects of Covid on our finances is stupid as well. The personal wealth of our chairman has risen by a billion during the crisis.

We won’t be selling any of our big name players unless they kick a fuss up and I can’t see any of them doing that. On the Molineux View podcast (which is excellent by the way), they were saying Jimenez is the obvious one to move because of his age. But unless he’s really pushing for a move, all these links and speculation are pointless & something we just need to get used to and almost see as a compliment.

Neves isn’t going to Spurs. We are on their level now. Unless he wants a move to London? (Young family, settled in area, multiple Portuguese friends at his current club etc - it just doesn’t add up).

Next.

Ps - we’ve been linked with Rugani before and that would be an excellent signing.

The only way i can see us losing someone is if they can get Champions League elsewhere and can't with us. Hypothetically if Liverpool wanted Neves and he wanted to go I don't think Nuno will stand in his way. There won't be any discounts though which in current climate rules out most clubs.

It seems that most clubs know there is no point bidding for one of our players as we will want stupid money and don’t need to sell. The press struggle with this.

Rugani is another young Italian to be signed by Juve for big money and then largely left to rot. They've been trying to flog him for years now with no success.

I'm probably being naive but when you see Neves pottering about at home in wolves casual ware, Jimenez having his kids gender reveal and Jota talking about how successful teams retain their best players, it kinda suggests to me these players have more than a superficial relationship with the club. If they truly want to leave we won't stand in their way but they would appear to be invested in the vision

Sounds like a good fit for RCB.

I'm probably being naive but when you see Neves pottering about at home in wolves casual ware, Jimenez having his kids gender reveal and Jota talking about how successful teams retain their best players, it kinda suggests to me these players have more than a superficial relationship with the club. If they truly want to leave we won't stand in their way but they would appear to be invested in the vision

I think they are all good signs, it is also to a certain point credit to our recruitment process. We buy players who are, in Nunos words humble and not billy big bollocks who are just chasing the money.

I really do feel there's something special about this squad of players and whilst I know we will loose players here and there I do think that the core of the squad have bought into something bigger than themselves and they know that.

It chimes with that Thelwell interview from the other day as well. We do appear to have made it a point to scout player's personalities as much as how they will fit tactically, etc. If they're bought in the way they appear to be it bodes really well.

It chimes with that Thelwell interview from the other day as well. We do appear to have made it a point to scout player's personalities as much as how they will fit tactically, etc. If they're bought in the way they appear to be it bodes really well.

I believe he referred to it as a, “no dickheads” policy.

TOFFEES LEADING RABIOT RACE

Everton are the frontrunners in the race to sign midfielder Adrien Rabiot from Juventus, reports Tuttosport.

The France international, who has endured a testing first season in Turin, is attracting interest from Arsenal and Wolves in the Premier League.

But Everton are in front of their domestic rivals in the queue to sign Rabiot, although work remains for any club to get the deal over the line.
Sky.

He'd be a classic Everton signing. Given the 'no dickheads' policy, I can't see how we'd have any interest in him.

I don’t see how Everton have any money - their finances are traditionally awful

He'd be a classic Everton signing. Given the 'no dickheads' policy, I can't see how we'd have any interest in him.

Didn't he say that Tottenham were "too small" for him?

Can't see him fitting in with our club, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Everton though. Played under Ancelotti at PSG.

Their owner is a billionaire and FFP is likely to be significantly relaxed or scrapped due to Covid

Moshiri has already piled hundreds of millions in. They had to give Usmanov naming rights to a stadium that probably won’t exist to pass FFP last time. They’re financially in trouble.

I doubt Liverpool would pay what we are likely to ask as Adama would surely be a backup behind their monster front three.

Back