• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Personally can we be a better side without Adama and £60m invested? Absolutely. Go back to 352 upgrade at RWB, attacking midfielder and whichever CB side you don't want Boly on. A lot easier said than done though

If Fosun is all about roi as you said, where would the return come from if you spend all the received transfer fees?

We have Adama, Neto, Podence, competing for one spot. We can definitely sell one of those three for the right price, and when we do it will be Adama. (Unless it isn't)

We’d be an even better side with an upgraded RWB, an upgraded centre back AND Adama.

No reason we can’t get a couple of upgrades this summer without having to sell.

I would take 40m plus Origi! Lolz

Origi is wank.

He did well last season and I thought he'd kick on this, while never been the one tearing it up he could be adequate but I feel he's gone backwards.

Origi is dreck, he wouldn't get near our team in any formation.

In terms of marketing the club - especially abroad - Adama is probably the most important player we have

You reckon?

On marketing terms alone, Raul is miles ahead of any player at our club.

Indeed, nobody comes close to Raul on that score

If Fosun is all about roi as you said, where would the return come from if you spend all the received transfer fees?
Because they've turned £18m into £60m and used that to turn a top half side into a permanent top 6 one, therefore increasing revenue and the value of their investment.

Like I said earlier the principle works, but reality is less certain. Bale leaving Spurs weakened them despite spending all the money on half a dozen players who they thought would make them a better side.
It only works if you spend the money well and you think you can survive without that player. In the case of Adama I think we could as we wouldn't need to start with having to get a like for like replacement. With Raul I don't think it would as firstly he's more important to the way we play and secondly you'd have to spend a large percentage of the money just to replace him.

Anyway it's all academic as nobody will bid that much for him

Adama will go for way more than 60m when he goes - but it won’t be this transfer window (imo)

Adama hasn’t done enough to get the big move yet. He’s in the position where we would want more than he is worth and he hasn’t done enough to justify it at this moment. A full season tearing it up and then someone will be willing to spend the big money.

Liverpool are baulking at £50m for Timo Werner, wanting to pay only £30m. So they are clearly going to be willing to pay what we would ask for Traore.

£60m buys one of Traore's legs - to be fair probably his right one. Another season like this and he'll be heading to Spain to either Barca or Real Madrid.

£60m buys one of Traore's legs - to be fair probably his right one. Another season like this and he'll be heading to Spain to either Barca or Real Madrid.

Nah. He's been cracking but at the end of the day he's still only got 4 goals and 7 assists. He'll need at least double that for a season or two to interest the really big boys. His output isn't anywhere near good enough, despite the marked improvement

The question is, can he keep improving?

Back