• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

If I’m totally honest, in my opinion, if we play our best formation (and where we’ve played our best football) he doesn’t get into our starting eleven.

On that basis alone, he’s nowhere near Liverpool’s standard. Not close.

Those who watch him week in, week out will absolutely know (raw pace aside) that, if we got £60 million quid for Traore, we’ve robbed someone.

If I’m totally honest, in my opinion, if we play our best formation (and where we’ve played our best football) he doesn’t get into our starting eleven.

Those who watch him week in, week out will absolutely know (raw pace aside) that, if we got £60 million quid for Traore, we’ve robbed someone.

So if we dismiss his prime attribute he isn't worth as much?

I watch him week in week out and disagree. If we get £60m, we've been mugged.

The question is, can he keep improving?

He really benefitted from a full pre-season with Nuno I think so the longer he works with him I think he can. His positioning, combination play and decision making have steadily improved this season. He's not really been at any club for a prolonged period of time so I think he would be wise to stay at the moment. That said, be hard to turn down the best team in the country, or say, Real Madrid.

I don't want to sell anyone at the moment, all our first team players are good, I'd just like to bring in more of the same and then see where we are a year later.

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to keep him but he's no world beater. His pace and power is second to none, but his technical ability nowhere near matches it. He gets the crowd off their seats but is he consistent? No. Could he sustain last seasons form over three or four years? I doubt it.

Well he clearly does have an end product now. His assist/goal partnership with Jimenez is the most productive in the league.

I think it's been said but unless Liverpool are selling Salah (unlikely) he wouldn't get in their team and they won't pay that kind of money for a rotation player.

Lallana is out of contract, maybe worth a look on a free, give us something a bit different? Fitness obviously a concern.

There's rumours that Mane is moving on, but that's unlikely.

I think Liverpool would be wise to refresh their front three while their value is at a peak [selling Origi, Shaqiri and Salah would get you a long way to paying for someone like Mbappe. It might also get close to reaching his wages] or at least provide a viable fourth alternative. This is where Adama 'could' come in if they decide to keep what they've got - not that I personally think he's good enough to be a viable alternative (see Shaqiri).

Firmino is arguably the most important of the three to them, he makes everything happen. Brilliant player.

Would not want either Origi or Shaqiri here.

Lallana has all but signed for Leicester. You couldn't trust him to stay fit.

There's rumours that Mane is moving on, but that's unlikely.

Maybe.

But, doesn’t matter how rose tinted your spectacles are, Traore is not anywhere near the same stratosphere as Mane.

Faster runner, possibly.

Following discussions with Pad I have decided that Ethan Ampadu is my project signing for this window (whenever it is).

Young, versatile, won't get a game at Chelsea and brilliant technically.

giphy.gif

I liked that I saw of him for Chelsea previously, is he on loan somewhere in Germany now?

Aye, he's at Leipzig.

Incredibly comfortable on the ball. He's never getting a gig for them especially if they sign Pjanic.

Following discussions with Pad I have decided that Ethan Ampadu is my project signing for this window (whenever it is).

Young, versatile, won't get a game at Chelsea and brilliant technically.

giphy.gif

Totally agree, he looks class.

Unlike previous Chelsea managers though, unfortunately for us, Lampard is very good at spotting talent in young players.

I would be very surprised if he would let any of those decent youngsters go - especially to us, or other top six/seven sides.

We are too good to get players from the traditional Top 6 on loan. Too much of a competitor.

Back