• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

We were going to pay “millions” (I cant find the exact fee anywhere) at the start of last season, I don’t see why we wouldn’t bother signing him on a free now.

“Danny Loader looked all set for a deadline-day move to Premier League side Wolves, but it wasn’t to be.

According to Sky Sports, Reading were reportedly ready to sell the youngster for a multi-million pound fee, and he’d even passed a medical and agreed personal terms ahead of the switch. However, the Royals changed their minds late in the day, meaning Loader will stay put and Wolves will go without him.”

Having just watched Andre Silva act like a complete fanny for 90 minutes and give one of the worst performances I've seen from a striker in a while, I think I can officially say I will eat my hat if that one ever happens.

We never wanted him, he's had a couple of horrible years anyway. He did score today though with a Seyi style classic :)

I remember being rather slandered for thinking he was pony... :icon_wink:

We could get more than that too.

Adama to Liverpool for 60m?

Doubt it.

Do these clubs routinely splash 60m for a sub?

Traore wouldn't displace Mane or Salah just yet (if ever). I also don't think he'd be as suited to Liverpool's pressing out of possession.

I think this is just people harking back to Klopp raving about him after our game and grasping.

Two or three problems

The story came from Nixon in the Sun. He ended the article by saying Liverpool don't have the funds

We wouldn't even think of considering a bid of £60m

Liverpool wouldn't bid £60m for an option. That's not their style. They make huge transfers for areas of huge need that instantly solve it, like VVD. Adama doesn't fit that, so they simply aren't going to do it.

Apart from that, it clearly has legs.

The latest rumour as per the BBC Gossip Column comes from Spain with Klopp contacting the player personally.

Ignoring the Nixon they can't afford him piece for a moment

1) Klopp wouldn't be that stupid
2) They won't spend that amount of money on a player who wouldn't make their best 11 - he wouldn't

They did exactly that with VVD.

We are a very different kettle of fish to Southampton. Think Liverpool might be very shocked what we would ask.

They did exactly that with VVD.
And got done for it.

I don't think we'd knock £60m plus negotiation back FWIW for either Traore or Raul. Fosun are about roi at the end of the day and they'd expect that money to be invested in the team to improve it.

And got done for it.

I don't think we'd knock £60m plus negotiation back FWIW for either Traore or Raul. Fosun are about roi at the end of the day and they'd expect that money to be invested in the team to improve it.

I think you would be surprised.

Fosuns return on investment comes by the fact they paid 30m for the club and it's now worth over 400m. I doubt they're bothered about skimming a bit of profit on transfers here and there, if they are it will limit how high we can get as it will mean regularly selling our best players.

Fosuns return on investment comes by the fact they paid 30m for the club and it's now worth over 400m. I doubt they're bothered about skimming a bit of profit on transfers here and there, if they are it will limit how high we can get as it will mean regularly selling our best players.
Yet they won't rebuild the Steve Bull because the roi isn't there. What they've turned so far is an irrelevance to future decisions. It's all judged on individual merit. Is Traore worth more than £60m to the team either in performance on the pitch or eroding Nuno's confidence in the club is the question they'll ask themselves.

Personally can we be a better side without Adama and £60m invested? Absolutely. Go back to 352 upgrade at RWB, attacking midfielder and whichever CB side you don't want Boly on. A lot easier said than done though

Back