• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I feel I have backed my point up, I can't help it if you or some others don't accept it.

The stone I'm 'chucking' isn't that I'm a recruitment expert and Jeff should hire me, it's that after the summer 2018 splurge we don't have anything like the kind of recruitment success that would lead to the more over optimistic assessments of what this summer will yield. I can't see what that kind of optimism is based on.

We've only meaningfully upgraded a couple of wide forward squad positions, even they haven't played that many games and took a long time to integrate.

But we're gonna sign two new wing backs promptly and with no problems and they'll integrate quick enough not to be detrimental to us?

And none of this will impact negatively on the other recruitment Nuno himself has said we need?

I just don't buy it

Fair enough.

I think it's easier to get to our level and much harder to go to the next level. Podence and Neto seem to be good additions, I hope for more like those. I think we face the "Harry Kane" problem though when trying to recruit.

Let's see what this window brings, if it all goes pear shaped I'll admit I was wrong but right now we don't know what's going on.

Sorry if I came across as an arse

Honestly, who gives a fuck that he was shit in 2014? He's been bloody good for successive Premier League seasons and we're selling him for fuck all.

He wasn't agitating, he was happy, talking about another 5 years here. And we've rolled over and had our bellies tickled by Mendes' biggest client.

Our squad was wafer thin 4 weeks ago and we were all saying we'd only expect a maximum of three players to come in. We've since lost 2 of the the first names on the team sheet.

Agree with this too

O Jogo - via Twitter - reporting that our interest in Palhinha has "gone cold."

Fair enough.

I think it's easier to get to our level and much harder to go to the next level. Podence and Neto seem to be good additions, I hope for more like those. I think we face the "Harry Kane" problem though when trying to recruit.

Let's see what this window brings, if it all goes pear shaped I'll admit I was wrong but right now we don't know what's going on.

Sorry if I came across as an arse

No worries, sorry if I came across likewise.

It's a tense time!

Us selling Doc doesn't make sense.
Spurs buying Doc doesn't make sense.
I can't help thinking this must be an internet hoax that's somehow gained traction.
Either that, or there is a great deal more to this than meets the eye.
I am genuinely perplexed.

It hasn't been reported anywhere (apart from talksport) that we've accepted a fee yet to be fair. I can't for the life of me believe that it'll be the £12-16M being reported in some places. Like you said, it'd be woefully bad business.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I've got a lot of Spurs supporting friends in Leamington and the majority of them are saying Levy is a hard negotiator and if he has a fee in mind, he won't go above it. As much Jeff likes Fosun to get the better side of a deal, it sounds like Levy has done him over here as it's difficult to justify such a low transfer fee (if the one being reported is accurate). With that in mind, I reckon the player himself has pushed for a move through his agent once he caught wind of the interest.

Whoever said he will "triple his wages" is probably way off, btw. He'll obviously get more money there than he is on here, but I would be surprised if he doubles it, let alone triples it!

So what you're saying is that the replacement wasn't sorted?

That's the only point I was making.

Things aren't always symbiotic, if a manager doesn't or in Cav and Costa's case no longer fancy a player then it isn't crucial that replacements are found first if they won't play or be trusted from the bench anyway. People can gnash their teeth about depth and options but any of the names you mention are an irrelevancy if they aren't trusted by the manager. So let them go and if we identify a player who is affordable and interested go for it.

We didn't need to sign Jimenez before flipping Afobe. Afobe was never in our plans. We didn't need to sign Moutinho before deciding against N'diaye.

It's obviously somewhat different for Doc who is a starter but let's not forget in the case of a trusted starter (Douglas) Jonny was signed on the 26th July and Douglas gone on the 28th.

7 or 8 pages of us arguing over whether Doherty is any good, rubbish, whether we've been robbed on the fee, it's a bargain, how it weakens us, but nobody on here knows anything tbh, no announcements from anywhere, just a teasing post on dohertys Instagram or something, ffs gents, get a grip and sort yourselves out, I thought the ground outside was wet because it's raining, I'm now thinking it's the amount of pant wetting that's caused it.

Well whatever. We just have to wait and see. I don't look at social media about world news let alone transfere rumours but the Independant has a short piece by Miguel Delaney that simply says we want £20mil for him, Aurier isn't very good, Doc can apparently also play at LB, Spurs want to pay less than £20mil and make up the difference with add ons.

I've got a lot of Spurs supporting friends in Leamington and the majority of them are saying Levy is a hard negotiator and if he has a fee in mind, he won't go above it. As much Jeff likes Fosun to get the better side of a deal, it sounds like Levy has done him over here as it's difficult to justify such a low transfer fee (if the one being reported is accurate). With that in mind, I reckon the player himself has pushed for a move through his agent once he caught wind of the interest.

Whoever said he will "triple his wages" is probably way off, btw. He'll obviously get more money there than he is on here, but I would be surprised if he doubles it, let alone triples it!
A bit unfair to say Levy has done Shi over when, as I mentioned earlier, nobody is reporting that we've accepted a bid. Even the places reporting the £12M opening bid were saying we were holding out for £20M. If Levy doesn't want to go above a certain price and if that price isn't acceptable to us I'd hope that we would just reject it.

I wonder if an opportunity has arisen which means we must sell Doc to make it happen. There must be some logic behind it

A bit unfair to say Levy has done Shi over when, as I mentioned earlier, nobody is reporting that we've accepted a bid. Even the places reporting the £12M opening bid were saying we were holding out for £20M. If Levy doesn't want to go above a certain price and if that price isn't acceptable to us I'd hope that we would just reject it.

Yeah, same, mate. Unless Doc is pushing for it, of course.

7 or 8 pages of us arguing over whether Doherty is any good, rubbish, whether we've been robbed on the fee, it's a bargain, how it weakens us, but nobody on here knows anything tbh, no announcements from anywhere, just a teasing post on dohertys Instagram or something, ffs gents, get a grip and sort yourselves out, I thought the ground outside was wet because it's raining, I'm now thinking it's the amount of pant wetting that's caused it.

That's it, folks. Close the forum down.

Yeah, same, mate. Unless Doc is pushing for it, of course.

I should bloody well hope not after his 5 more years comment last week.

O Jogo - via Twitter - reporting that our interest in Palhinha has "gone cold."

Oh good more good news

"We have our own targets, but the targets that the media are talking about are 99 per cent not true. Of course, I understand our fans are keen to know the progress, but I want to assure them that we are committed to any possibility to improve our squad." - Jeff Shi

Some now saying no deal has been agreed yet

Twitter is full of people that are "ITK" and some journo's use these as sources. Then cue the meltdown by fans who believe every word of it despite what is reported on the official Wolves site in interviews with the man at the top.
This Doc discussion proves the point and he isn't even in the Country as he has been on holiday.

Maybe we should move for Coutinho

Twitter is full of people that are "ITK" and some journo's use these as sources. Then cue the meltdown by fans who believe every word of it despite what is reported on the official Wolves site in interviews with the man at the top.
This Doc discussion proves the point and he isn't even in the Country as he has been on holiday.

I haven't seen meltdowns on here, people should fight those battles on Twitter with the people being OTT and entitled if they feel that strongly, I certainly am a bit tired of seeing the phrase 'pant wetter' thrown around several times on here in reaction to perfectly reasonable discussion and concern

The main man Joe says no deal agreed currently (for Doc) and we are still in talks with Maitland-Niles. I don't think he really has a clue though tbh

Back