• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Something that did cross my mind - depending on who we bring in, I wonder if there might be scope to allow for a CAM? Typically when we play 3-5-2 we know Donck often ends up covering a lot of space in behind Doc as he goes forwards. Hypothetically if there was a change so there was more of a 'Jonny-type' player on the right side, perhaps it might free the CM up more to replace the attacking threat? Just a thought :confused-smiley-013 -edit- I have my doubts on this as Nuno always talks about unbalancing the opposition with movement from one side to the other, in theory a CAM might enable that in conjunction with the WBs and strikers, but it's far easier with wide forwards. Still, something to chew on (or not!)

My thoughts too - we need to be defensive in CM with a 3-4-3 as we have to cover the WBs. Doc cutting inside of Traore is an attacking threat, but does mean we cannot have a CM attacking the same space.

But calling anyone with a counter argument to you a “happy clapper” or “deluded” is fine... great, just so I know which category I need to see myself in
I don't have an issue with deluded within a wider conversation. Happy Clapper is as pathetic as Pant Wetter. The post I replied to was before anyone had used it.

There is a pomposity amongst some that won't see any criticism against the club even when that's really only positioned as mild concern. I'm reserving judgement until the deal is done

But calling anyone with a counter argument to you a “happy clapper” or “deluded” is fine... great, just so I know which category I need to see myself in

You've just got to accept that calling someone "smart guy" or telling someone to "wind their neck in ordering about" in response to posts is perfectly reasonable discussion. Pant Wetter and Happy Clapper definitely isn't.

A rumour saying we'll be getting players from spurs too
l

Doherty back on loan? Because Spurs have realised we've no cover there, and they feel bad for buying him, or not because nothing's been announced anywhere

Lamela would be an awful centre forward in our system.

Eh? He can play centre forward. Admittedly not his main position but there may be some benefit.
In the same way Jota could.
Raul isn't injured he becomes our 4th choice wide forward and an injury prone one at that. Money would be more useful

Foyth? He's very good on the ball if not quite there physically yet.

£15m plus a player would make more sense.

Replace him with a RWB who can sprint, dribble and cross and everyone is a winner.

Yeah I can't really think of anyone I'd want that they would allow to go the other way. Maybe Foyth. Doubt that rumour is true anyway.

Nunez is an interesting link - pretty sure Arsenal were interested before.

Foyth looks like Vallejo 2.0 fuck knows how he ever got to sign for Tottenham.

Bollocks. Think we signed someone on page 84 last year. Looks like it could be 110 this year...

Back