• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

RIP to the Coady diagonal.

I can't beleve the first player who has been cherry picked from us is Matt Doherty.

giphy.gif

Don’t be surprised if we see Adama starting at RWB at Sheff Utd

Don’t be surprised if we see Adama starting at RWB at Sheff Utd

Well if Doherty is gone, then this is currently the first option as no way we can start Buur against them.

I'll reserve full judgement till the end of the window but have to say Doherty going makes no sense to me.

Be sad to see him go wish him all the success in the world absolute great servant to the club who has grown as the club has.

As Del says above, £12m (so £10.8m after 10% to Bohemians) plus £4m in add-ons is just ridiculous. I don't think he'll be a success for Spurs and I don't begrudge him the pay day, but right now we look like fools.

On the other hand I've always fancied Ryan Bennett at RWB...

Someone has got to be close for him to leave.. it's Douglas all over again.

Seen a few people make the Barry Douglas analogy: Barry wasn't a proven PL player.

Unless Doc pushed for this it makes little sense. Especially at the figures quoted. He just wasn't a problem that needed fixing this summer

I hope the time we'll spend getting his replacement doesn't impact on other key areas, but I imagine it will

Wasn't Kyle Walker-Peters about £12m ffs? Fuck me I'm livid :icon_lol:

I don't know what it is that Spurs think they're buying, but it isn't going to be what they expect.

I can't wait for him to line-up against Traore in a Spurs back four...

I think Doc is the sort of player that in a specific setup is a very good player. But outside of that, not so much.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Spurs. Might be that he reverts back to how he was a few years back, and 12m will look like a very good deal for us. But that doesnt reflect his value in *our* setup.

We will never really know the fee as it will definitely be undisclosed as normal but if it's anywhere around the 12-15m range it's poor business by us.

Clearly Nuno has approved this. If he hasn't then we'll be short of a manager by 4pm as well

I just don't understand the fee beef: he has been OK for the last four years - two of which in the league below - and he has never pulled up trees internationally. It isn't on the same level as if Jimenez, Traore, Neto, Dendoncker, Neves or Boly were to leave.

Also, maybe he just wanted to leave as soon as Spurs made the call?

What is our record sale? If they call it that we'll know it's more than X etc

Mind you, it's only talksport who have said deal is done whereas neither club have said anything just yet.

I don’t really care how he does at Spurs it’s the loss to our squad strength that bothers me.

What is our record sale? If they call it that we'll know it's more than X etc

Mind you, it's only talksport who have said deal is done whereas neither club have said anything just yet.

Probably Cav isn't it? Worked out at around £21m in the end.

I just don't understand the fee beef: he has been OK for the last four years - two of which in the league below - and he has never pulled up trees internationally. It isn't on the same level as if Jimenez, Traore, Neto, Dendoncker, Neves or Boly were to leave.

Also, maybe he just wanted to leave as soon as Spurs made the call?

The issue isn't the player himself leaving it's that it leaves us in a situation where we currently have no senior right wing-back. Not a good situation to be in currently so we will have to act fast which we don't seem to tend to do.

Back