• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I don't think the article (I hate that shitpile of a paper) says either of those things. It says Nuno thinks Traore is a good athlete with room for improvement and he will always try to improve players.

It also says Giles is attracting interest from Shrewsbury (the 'journo' then make the assumption he's off there). Good for them, he's miles better than Shrewsbury and it would be a mistake letting him go out on loan given our track record with piss poor loan destinations. It's completely the wrong level for him imho

Would be surprised if he dropped to the championship. Would have thought there would be a lot of clubs in Spain, Italy, Portugal, France etc looking at him.

However, for £12-15m I would take that.
Wouldn't surprised me if him and his family are settled now.

Couple of bits here. Firstly looks like Traore is staying. Secondly Giles might be off on loan.

If true, the first disappoints but doesn't surprise me, the second would surprise given the noise over the U23's been used more next season with Europe although Giles does play in a position we are well catered for.
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...uno-still-backing-super-athlete-adama-traore/

I can see Adama getting another season here. We'd certainly struggle to break even on him this summer, which I doubt Fosun would be too pleased about. I keep forgetting that he is only 24. Still plenty of years ahead of him in the game, so maybe Nuno thinks it's worth another season to see if he can improve on the end product and overall play. I would say I saw glimpses of him becoming more of a team player towards the end of the season (he wasn't holding on to the ball as long, he was getting his head up and looking for an early pass etc) - but there were still moments of complete lapses of concentration and he is still infuriating to watch, of that there's no doubts. The big question mark for me is where he fits in now we've changed formation, because he is 110% not a RWB.

Not for one minute did I ever think Traore would be sold - think Nuno believes in him (and probably sees him as a challenge he's determined to beat...) No doubt at all that he'll be unleashed against Atletico Gdansk or whoever we draw in the early rounds.

And he'll be just as shit against them as he will be at any point next season.

Would be surprised if he dropped to the championship. Would have thought there would be a lot of clubs in Spain, Italy, Portugal, France etc looking at him.

However, for £12-15m I would take that.

No club in Portugal, besides the big three and possibly Braga, would be able to pay his wage, let alone a 12/15M fee. Our clubs are dirt poor, most of them run on a 3/4/5M yearly budget.

As for Marega, wouldn't want him in Wolves. He's a horse with some kick, but nothing more. His finishing is not even that great.

His numbers are not surprising as he's playing against the Portuguese oppositions. Porto's main tactic is passing the ball to Marega and hoping for the best, he misses a lot.

No club in Portugal, besides the big three and possibly Braga, would be able to pay his wage, let alone a 12/15M fee. Our clubs are dirt poor, most of them run on a 3/4/5M yearly budget.

As for Marega, wouldn't want him in Wolves. He's a horse with some kick, but nothing more. His finishing is not even that great.

His numbers are not surprising as he's playing against the Portuguese oppositions. Porto's main tactic is passing the ball to Marega and hoping for the best, he misses a lot.

In the Youtube video I watched I thought he looked about half a stone (say 3-4kg) overweight

That was how I viewed him a couple of seasons ago. A bit of a donkey who needs too many chances. You can't argue with his output last season though, especially in the Champions League games.

In the Youtube video I watched I thought he looked about half a stone (say 3-4kg) overweight

Half a stone of muscle or fat and what difference did it have on his performance in your opinion? In fact what difference does a half a stone make on a players performance, is it a percentage, is it speed, is it power, could they be big because they are doing a specific job, or could it be the optics of the video you are watching? I'm interested in your expert opinion.

images

Cav to Fulham is so last pre season. Rehashing bollocks I'd say.

Back