• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

15 and 20 aren’t a million miles away from each other are they. They (whoever that is) would definitely start more than Zero PL games so I’m going to stick to my 20.

Pretty pointless discussion but I’m bored. Sunderland Pompey is shit.
Well you started at minimum of 20 and I said closer to half, so anything under 15. Say 5-6 domestic cup games, 3-4 in the early EL rounds and a handful of PL games where maybe someone needs a rest or they fancy a more physical approach (based on it being someone like Rondon). There's a chance that there could be more cup games, though perhaps you'd end up with a stronger team if you get to the later stages and so they don't start anyway. I don't see them getting much more scope for league games outside the ultimate bus parkers.

I’d take Rondon definitely. I think people tend to underestimate him as a footballer and he gets classed as a bit of a lump which unfortunately for him is down to the awful anti-football teams he’s been trying to play in. I was amazed Albion signed him as he was never their type of player and the fact he even chose to go there was weird, and while he’s looked very limited with little to no service and being told to play the bully role he’s a really good player. I think he’d be brilliant here and would be able to pair up with either Jota or Raul.

Well you started at minimum of 20 and I said closer to half, so anything under 15. Say 5-6 domestic cup games, 3-4 in the early EL rounds and a handful of PL games where maybe someone needs a rest or they fancy a more physical approach (based on it being someone like Rondon). There's a chance that there could be more cup games, though perhaps you'd end up with a stronger team if you get to the later stages and so they don't start anyway. I don't see them getting much more scope for league games outside the ultimate bus parkers.

Well it’s all a bit hypothetical as we don’t know who mystery 3rd forward is going to be. Only time will tell.

If we sign someone of Rondón’s calibre or better then I reckon they will get plenty of game time. If we sign a dud like Cenk Tosun then they won’t.

Well it’s all a bit hypothetical as we don’t know who mystery 3rd forward is going to be. Only time will tell.

If we sign someone of Rondón’s calibre or better then I reckon they will get plenty of game time. If we sign a dud like Cenk Tosun then they won’t.
Haven't seen much so far to suggest Nuno likes to rotate much as it is, and I think it's unlikely they'll sign anyone on a par with the current two that could be considered a genuine rotation option if everyone was fit, so expect Jota and Jimenez to still be preferred for the vast majority of games.

If we were to make the Group Stages over the EL Nuno would either have to rotate or have a squad blowing out of their backsides come the New Year. The reason I think he's done it so little this year is because of the appreciable drop off post the starting 11 +Saiss/Vinagre

I'd be very happy with Rondon. Scored two less than Raul in six less appearances in a worse team than ours. Sign him up.

Jim White on Talkshite "Salodom Rondon heavily linked with Wolves".

I wouldn't have him but if Nuno wants him there must be a reasonable case.
When he signed (aged 25) for West Brom he was on 50k a week. At his age
now he would surely be lucking for his big pay day.

I'm not a massive fan of Rondon but £16M represents good value for a striker of his calibre and he offers something that Jota/Raúl don't with his aerial ability. He might be the key to breaking down the poorer teams in this league.

Palace want £100m+ for Zaha :icon_lol:

I think Rondon could be a bit like Iwelumo if you know what I mean?

Wolves have enquired about Milan striker Andre Silva, with the Italian club ready to sell him for €30M. (Corriere dello Sport) #WWFC
Hearing Talisca.

I'm not suggesting there is anything in the Silva links, but we were playing a different formation when Nuno said he wasn't interested in him because he didn't suit it.

Sky saying Andre Silva on Wolves radar again and Marseille CM Morgan Sanson

Back