• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Didn't he basically play as a 1 man midfield v Swansea in the Cup when we went down to 10 men and dominated?

Yeah he did, he was mint that day tbf

:icon_lol:

I did like Alf, he was a good squad member to have last season and put in some good displays when we need it. He’s absolutely nowhere near the level of our current midfield though. That is not a slight on him either. I never dreamed of having Moutinho and Dendoncker in our midfield.

Easy mistake to make.
I only remember because it was given as a Cav goal at the time and a few bookies wouldn't pay out on those who bet 1-0 and Doc to score.

It was after our trip to Spain but I doubt Doc tans that well (#racist).

:icon_lol:

I did like Alf, he was a good squad member to have last season and put in some good displays when we need it. He’s absolutely nowhere near the level of our current midfield though. That is not a slight on him either. I never dreamed of having Moutinho and Dendoncker in our midfield.

Same really, quite liked him. Effort and spirit always massive, thought he played quite well most times I saw him. But now of course we have way better

ALF was a part of the Championship winning team & should be celebrated for that - wasn't, for me, ever a guaranteed starter, but performed satisfactorily when he was needed.

We have moved beyond his pay grade now.

I think that sums it. I liked him when he came on - gave some good drive in his good games. But I liked lots of other Wolves players that we have clearly moved beyond now (Lee Evans is a prime example).

Yeah i likes ALF, but Donk does a much better disciplined version of his role.

Donck is much better than N'Diaye - far more composed on the ball and more disciplined as tredman says - better in the air too.

N'Diaye did a job for us and I liked him but he was pretty inconsistent and we moved beyond his level when we got promoted.

Yeah, Alf is just a Championship player. He already had two goes at the Premier League (albeit in poor teams, and I think they played him as a DM which is definitely not his game) and didn't do anything.

Good bloke, did a good job, off you pop. Same as Baz. Funny how you never hear anyone bemoaning that one now. Whereas Afobe is not a good bloke and there's a degree of schadenfreude in watching him be shite.

Can't speak for how he did at Sunderland but I think Hull fans liked him - I saw his debut for them against Liverpool and he was immense.

There's absolutely no chance of that happening, completely out of our stratosphere no matter how well we're doing at the moment.

If we were up with City and Liverpool right now then maybe.

To be fair you are never going to get reliable transfer talk when it's February and the window doesn't open until June.
Can we not pretend Felix is an attainable target, just for a little while? He would be an amazing signing, but its as likely as those unicorns arriving from Europe...
Well I must say I feel more informed on transfer rumours now I have caught up with this thread.
This Felix kid why is no-one discussing that or is it just bollocks and not worth the air?
An update from Benfica's president:

“At this moment we are not interested in selling him and soon we will increase the release clause in his contract."

Not that it was likely to happen in the first place as Dan said.

Having a look at Croatia's team today. Anyone think Rebic would fit in well here? Hard working, good dribbler, etc and can play anywhere in attack or AM.

Having a look at Croatia's team today. Anyone think Rebic would fit in well here? Hard working, good dribbler, etc and can play anywhere in attack or AM.

The player I like more every time I see him is the lad who scored for Wales today. Suspect they'll do the deal with Leeds that collapsed in January though if Leeds go up

Leeds agreed a deal to loan and then pay £10m wasn’t it? Good wide player but not sure he’d fit our system anyway

Back