• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Maybe, but Wolves is the perfect club for him to thrive and settle in to the Premier League with so many of his countrymen around him. If he's as good as people say he'll be worth £100m+ in two years and will have Champions League clubs after him.

Earning uncle Jorge another ten percent or whatever. Its how it works innit??

He is out of our range NEXT season. We have to strike now. And I firmly believe we will.

Our squad is too small to be serious contenders, IMO. Unless we crash out of Europe & the FA cup early then the games will catch up with us.

Group stage goes till Christmas, we play one less league cup game and will probably go out in the next round playing a reserve side anyway.

We can always sign one or two in January when the FA cup starts. The squad will be fine if we avoid multiple long term injuries, but the only place I’d say we were short was CM. Massive drop off in quality from the first XI. Saïss can do a job, but not much else. Only time will tell how it will pan out. Let’s qualify first

January tend to be overpriced panic buys. Id rather we got a decent cm now, even someone cheap from the belgian/dutch league we can take a punt on, we need another body

Yes i want one now too...

And even if we get one, we may need further reinforcements in January. They don’t have to he panic buys if you’re not flirting with relegation, and you can have been planning it since August. Sometimes its players whose contracts are expiring. As long as your not signing clubs best players you can be ok.

As long as you aren’t actually desperate you can walk away, but you can be desperate in August and get your pants pulled down too.

I hope we get Olmo, he looks just what we need at AM. Like James Maddison on speed!

I hope we get Olmo, he looks just what we need at AM. Like James Maddison on speed!

Yup, me too. Of all the CAMs I've scouted this summer on my long trip round YouTube, he looks the most exciting

We pay the release on Dias and get Olmo for around £25m and we still have a smaller outlay than the B6 massive.

That would be an amazing summer's business.

Not getting Dias wouldn't be a massive problem for us, I still think we need another CM though.

Olmo would be fantastic business, dias would be an absolute statement from us that we are pushing for CL

I worked it out yesterday. Came to about £140m-ish.

Donk £12m
Jimenez £30m
Vallejo £0-3m??? (loan fee)
Cutrone £16m
Dias £57m
Olmo £25m

Isn't Olma a made up link though?

There aren't any half-way credible links other than Dias, Gedson Fernandes and Wallace (to a lesser extent) at the moment.

Wallace is an odd one due to work permit issues. Unless there is something we don't know that means he would actually get one but I think that one died the moment we signed Jesus.
Dias is a different level player though, so despite of signing a defender if we can get him over the line we will.

Back