• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Simple fact is that if Dias is still at Benfica after the window shuts, he signs the deal they put in front of him and his release clause increases. Plus another good season will see the sharks circling. This is a very narrow window of opportunity to make a truly massive statement.

It would be beyond ridiculous if we were to sign him - I remain sceptical....

I think we're in for Dias and a midfielder. Just a hunch, not ITK.

How do Buy Out clauses work on FFP?

I know when we sign a player the value of deal is spread over the course of the contract but when you play a release fee it is 1 flat fee and generally the player has to pay (the clubs give the money to the player to buy out their contract...well that is how it worked on the Neymar to PSG deal, so no idea if that is the same in Portugal). So if we met the sell out clause does that become an instant hit on the accounts unlike standard transfers?

I know when we sign a player the value of deal is spread over the course of the contract but when you play a release fee it is 1 flat fee and generally the player has to pay (the clubs give the money to the player to buy out their contract...well that is how it worked on the Neymar to PSG deal, so no idea if that is the same in Portugal). So if we met the sell out clause does that become an instant hit on the accounts unlike standard transfers?
That's only the case for release clauses in Spain as far as I'm aware.

I think we're in for Dias and a midfielder. Just a hunch, not ITK.

Yep, my feeling when Nuno talked about 2 more players was that he meant Cutrone plus a midfielder, with Dias seen as a bonus

As my simple knowledge goes it would hit the cash flow instantly but for FFP it would still be amortisation of the fee over the length of the contract the player has with us.

I thought that was an old link to Gedson?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the French lad Sansom come in rather than either Fernandes or Lemar

I thought that was an old link to Gedson?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the French lad Sansom come in rather than either Fernandes or Lemar
I'd like Sanson too. He looked good.

Alex Goncalves knows his stuff and his tugascout musings are definitely worth taking note of.
He's accurately broken a couple of stories about us since Fosun took over, hasn't he?

Indeed, De Ligt and De Jong will have no problems at their new clubs despite not playing in one of the top leagues. Much like Kompany never had when he moved to City.

Kompany played in Germany prior to City through.

You don't need to worry about whether Dias is good enough. He would be our best player in pretty much living memory.

We shall see. Maybe I should say pretty much our best player in honour of Joao (who I fucking adore)

Surely there would really need to be a lot of hard sell to get him to come here. He must prefer a CL club to one that is really still a 'project'.

Surely there would really need to be a lot of hard sell to get him to come here. He must prefer a CL club to one that is really still a 'project'.
Maybe, but Wolves is the perfect club for him to thrive and settle in to the Premier League with so many of his countrymen around him. If he's as good as people say he'll be worth £100m+ in two years and will have Champions League clubs after him.

Back