• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I thought Olmo was paper talk but we're definitely trying for him, so I've heard elsewhere.

Dias might be going nowhere according to Benfica's paper, but if someone pays his release clause they haven't got much say in it.

Dias might be going nowhere according to Benfica's paper, but if someone pays his release clause they haven't got much say in it.

Depends if it's the club or the player that doesn't want to move, though. We don't need anyone here on sufferance.

He can join the Homesick Club with Cutrone then. Sit them in the Jackie McNamara suite and drown their sorrows at the Jelle van Damme bar.

All that quote in the paper is doing is indicating the position of Benfica. They want him to stay. Which basically says to any prospective buyer “you will have to hit the release clause”

He can join the Homesick Club with Cutrone then. Sit them in the Jackie McNamara suite and drown their sorrows at the Jelle van Damme bar.
Next to the Tongo Doumbia depression room, which Alan is doing the grand opening of

Depends if it's the club or the player that doesn't want to move, though. We don't need anyone here on sufferance.
If he's refusing a higher release clause to protect his chances of moving on at some point then that speaks volumes. It was reported he wants to play in the Premier League too.

Isn't Olma a made up link though?

tbf, aren't they all made up? Not really sure there were any genuine links for Donck, Jiminez, Vallejo prior to us signing their loan agreements.
Cutrone snowballed immensely quickly imo.
Dias is a player most club wants, so people are talking about him based on him being good, not based on any realistic source.
Olmo is one single non UK newspaper source.

Indeed, struggle to think that any of our fosun signings have been rumoured until we have got to approx the last 2 days of negotiations and they sign.
I mean, look at the Neves reveal!

Man City in for Cancelo with Danilo going the other way, apparently.

Hasn't really been mentioned much this summer but think that'd put him firmly out of reach for the next few years, unless he flops.

He won’t flop at City. I’m surprised Juve are letting him go so soon.

Sometimes have "what if" thoughts about if we did exactly what we have done since Fosun took over but a season or 2 earlier. For players like Cancelo for example. Who knows. Ronaldo? :D

https://thelaziali.com/2019/08/02/report-pedro-neto-and-bruno-jordao-to-wolverhampton/

On 31 August 2017, both Neto and teammate Bruno Jordão were loaned to S.S. Lazio from Italy for two years, with an obligation to subsequently buy for a combined €26 million

https://thelaziali.com/2018/06/21/whats-next-pedro-neto/

Looks like they were super highly rated at 17, but it’s not worked for them in Lazio, so Jorge is moving them to us. Hope it works out.
Highly rated :icon_lol: they're Bebe style cash mules to move money about, nothing more. As long as we continue to do OK out of it overall that's fine.

I wouldn't worry about doing Mendes favours getting in the way of our actual transfer business. If we are genuinly in for Olmo, these signings won't stop that.

Back