• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

OK I will bite. English is spoken in Europe and in many cases really well as a second language. We are not good in reciprocating . I put money on Cutrone doing a passable interview in English, here, if he comes , before Xmas.

So you're saying it's all about money?

Monstrum, I'm being all nosey now, feel free to tell me to mind my own business, just curious as where you're from originally? Are you Bulgarian by birth, moved away,then went back? Or from somewhere else entirely and you've just ended up in Bulgaria for work, don't need the full life story or indeed any of it, like I say just being nosey

There are few English players who are attractive at the price an English team would want, it's nothing to do with pubs or language. Harry Wilson for £25 million or say Coutrone for around 2/3 of that? What would you choose

Apparently cutrone is on shit pay (21k) in milan, unless he signed a new contract since last year. So we would in fact be able to offer him a salary increase, so I was wrong about that

Keef- I dont want to doxx myself on the internet, but I am european, just not anglo.

So you're saying it's all about money?

I am saying that money is a big issue. Why play abroad for less? That's what the championship is for. Decent players who can't quite make it in the premier league but who can command almost premier money. See Gayle, Dwight or Costa Helder. That's why its not so often they move abroad. Give a British player the option 20k a week in Holland or 20k a week in the championship 90% as a guess will choose the championship. And as I am talking to now best I take you off ignore. I agree to play nice x

I agree with you Cyber that players generally won't leave a country they can earn the same money in. It is the point I made earlier, which is England is generally the highest paying leagues so unlikely to need to move to better pay.

Where I disagree is that it won't all be about the money. If a player is offered more money abroad, regardless of nationality they have to think hard about leaving. DW has said as much in his own personal circumstances and I imagine the bell curve would cover Monstrum at one end and Steve Bull at the other. There will be a myriad of reasons with money only one of them.

I agree with you Cyber that players generally won't leave a country they can earn the same money in. It is the point I made earlier, which is England is generally the highest paying leagues so unlikely to need to move to better pay.

Where I disagree is that it won't all be about the money. If a player is offered more money abroad, regardless of nationality they have to think hard about leaving. DW has said as much in his own personal circumstances and I imagine the bell curve would cover Monstrum at one end and Steve Bull at the other. There will be a myriad of reasons with money only one of them.

Fair point. I really hope more English players ply their trade in Europe or the rest of the world. It can only help our national team in the long run.

Almost none, closest is bale if you consider him english. Very rare for an englishmen to play abroad though unless hes shit and its scotland or something
He isn't English.

How many English players in the PL era have gone to one of major foreign league and done well? There's the very recent series of teenagers, but before that Gazza, Waddle and Platt at the start then McManaman and Beckham is all I can think of off the top of my head. Can't really include Hargreaves and Owen was a failure really

You can't include Hargreaves because he didn't leave England to play in Germany. He was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and left Canada as a 16 year old to join Bayern's academy. Moreover, he was quite successful with Bayern München and moved to England (after he had given his allegiance to England over Canada (as a result of his parents who were British born). If he was a "failure" as you claim, it was during his time at Man Utd, which occurred after he had won the European Cup with Bayern and starred for England at the 2002 world cup in Japan. Facts do matter!

That sentence didn't really read to me like TT was calling Hargreaves a failure, just Owen.

That sentence didn't really read to me like TT was calling Hargreaves a failure, just Owen.
VW's post read to me like he was qualifying TT's statement about Hargreaves.

You dont understand culture. British cannot be further than 2km from a pub at all times. Also young boys do not wish to live away from their families, who live in council flats and cannot move. Money has nowt to do with it.

Am I doing this right, gang?

Erm Excuse me! when i comes to talking out of your ass regarding everyone else's opinions, you must have an arse bigger than Fatty Arbuckle.
I have lived here for almost 30 years, with plenty of Brits doing the same, and when in Spain for 4 1/2 years there were more than enough Brits living there not rushing home every weekend.

Any chance we could get back to Patrick Cutrone? Has he got out of bed in Milan yet? What time is his flight to Birmingham? And will Thelwell turn up at the airport on time?

Erm Excuse me! when i comes to talking out of your ass regarding everyone else's opinions, you must have an arse bigger than Fatty Arbuckle.
I have lived here for almost 30 years, with plenty of Brits doing the same, and when in Spain for 4 1/2 years there were more than enough Brits living there not rushing home every weekend.
I was being sarcastic, merely copying what this board was saying about me not understanding "cultural differences" about cutrone being italian. Funny how you lot are quick to come to cultural stereotypes for foreigners but get super mad when I do the same for the english

People were getting "super mad"* as you were talking bollocks and lost your reasoning and just started to make up reasons and even confused your original point. Could have saved a lot of effort by just saying you dont rate him rather than "how dare he have concerns about joining Wolves" or " little wuss should just move country it's not hard" or "it's all about the money the mercenary little shit"

*no one is actual super mad but when shit is posted people will point out its shit

You can't include Hargreaves because he didn't leave England to play in Germany. He was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and left Canada as a 16 year old to join Bayern's academy. Moreover, he was quite successful with Bayern München and moved to England (after he had given his allegiance to England over Canada (as a result of his parents who were British born). If he was a "failure" as you claim, it was during his time at Man Utd, which occurred after he had won the European Cup with Bayern and starred for England at the 2002 world cup in Japan. Facts do matter!
You've really got your knickers in a twist there over a combination of confirming why you can't include Hargreaves and something I didn't say. Facts do matter, but so does reading the post you were replying to properly

Any chance we could get back to Patrick Cutrone? Has he got out of bed in Milan yet? What time is his flight to Birmingham? And will Thelwell turn up at the airport on time?

Absolutely this, I want to read about signings, not have to scroll through pages and pages of pointless, juvenile bickering

Back