• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Here you go: Croatian newspapers say that Dani Olmo is close to joining Wolves https://twitter.com/ScoreOneMore/status/1155224119828344833

Yesterday we received some information from the English address for Wolverhampton to send a bid for Dani Olma in the amount of 25 million euros, plus 5 million euros in bonuses and 20 percent from the next transfer! Sounds pretty good, is not it?

Of course, that's just information, who knows if that will happen. And, of course, will Dinamo accept it. But when this is all over, we think of this bonus and the future transfer, then that figure could round up to those 40m euros with which they would be happy with the club.

Dani Olmo could be happy, though Wolverhampton is not one of those big clubs like Manchester United, Tottenhama, Barcelona, ​​Milan, Bayern ... Olmo is a young man who wants to go to the club where he would play. Wolverhampton is certainly a team in which he would have one of the key roles. Finally, going to the Premiership would be a great springboard, going to the biggest stage. Olm's desire is to go to a club where he will have a minute, no interest in him. That is why this option, if realized, could satisfy all foreign-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those newspaper reports were from when the story first broke. Unfortunately they're nothing new. There's supposed to be a meeting this week with his reps to discuss it further.

Thats more like it, so what kind of midfielder is he? AM/10?

Very much so - was in the Team of the Tournament for the Euro U21s. As Bear says above, this isn't new news, but we have clearly made an offer for the player. Olmo is Spanish, so would know a few of our players. Here's the YouTune scouting report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7f85E8w2xE

3b2dbdc9bf1c49f63c8089162ea856d4.jpg

Olmo is an attacking midfielder based on the Euros, hopefully the sort of player we need to unpick those massed Brighton types of defence.

I never said I dont like cutrone, I like him, rate him and I want us to sign him. I just dont like players preferring to stay on their bench over coming to play for us. Things havent worked out for him, his new manager doesnt want him. Also I was pointing out italians (or rather, seria a players in general) have a poor record in the premier league, which is an undeniable statistic. At this point id rather sign someone else with less pedigree from a low prfile club who actually wants to play for us, like olmo

Btw whoever thinks we can start raul and cutrone/another striker with jota playing behind them is nuts. Jota has clearly proven he best plays up top, off the shoulder of a large stiker like raul. Im assuming cutrone is either going to rotate with either jota/raul or were gonna play 3/4/3 against park the bus teams

And you know he doesn’t want to play for us how?

I think we would like to go back to 3-4-3 for sure

Jota slightly left, Jimenez slightly right and Cutrone straight through the middle. It would put a lot of pressure on Neves and Moutinho in the middle though.

I. I just dont like players preferring to stay on their bench over coming to play for us.

Next time you speak to him, say hi from me. I presume you have daily contact with him to know his thoughts.

All we have is stuff on Twitter to tell us he wasnt sure but we have no actual clue. The fee with Milan wasnt agreed until 2 days ago. Since then he has been pulled from training and flew home. He has until this point had no decision to make.

Are you wanting him to go all Peter Odemwingie and sit in his car outside Molineux before a fee has been agreed and the club give him permission to speak with us?

Assuming none of us actually talk to footballers, I am basing this on what I read online, just like any of you. If it turns out its bullshit, then obviously its irrelevent.

Assuming none of us actually talk to footballers, I am basing this on what I read online, just like any of you. If it turns out its bullshit, then obviously its irrelevent.
99% of stuff on Twitter is bullshit.....but it feeds forum discussions. Yesterday Neves had broke his ribs according to it.

It isnt a huge leap to suggest that Cutrone will be disapointed his club want to sell him, infact it would be amazing if he wasnt. This deal is complicated with Milan needing to agree a deal for 1 player before selling 1 or 2 to fund it, so it drags on and people come up with stories to keep getting hits to their site or just get attention.
As Cutrone only got pulled from training on Friday we can say with a degree of confidence that was the exact point Milan and Wolves agreed the fee and Milan were happy for the deal to complete and not the moment Cutrone suddenly, after 2 weeks of doubt, changed his mind.

I think we would like to go back to 3-4-3 for sure

Jota slightly left, Jimenez slightly right and Cutrone straight through the middle. It would put a lot of pressure on Neves and Moutinho in the middle though.
I dont think Jiminez can do the running and pressure football Diogo can. Jiminez best work is edge of the area and in the box for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tim Nash has tweeted that he has been told there is nothing in the news that Wolves have bid for Olmo. And as you were on Cutrone, still no agreement but Wolves remain hopeful. Rafa Mir is a loan target for Forest and Blues

Considering Nash and Spiers have basically released nothing for this entire window, I’m pretty much ignoring everything they say.

Back