• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Maybe the info came from Zagreb? It doesn't have to be the buying club who leak info.

The report says it’s come from England and Wolves haven’t bid yet, but they are planning to.

The report says it’s come from England and Wolves haven’t bid yet, but they are planning to.

Well if you think of it is bollocks the other could easily be as well.

Noticed Chris Martin is on the bench for Derby today. Only a couple of years since we were linked with him every year. Another reminder of how far we've come

I can understand a leak about who we've bid for but who in the club knows who we're planning on have a bid for? A small handful of people and none of those are going to talk to a journo.

Why are we doubling his salary, money doesnt matter to football players, right guys?

Why are we doubling his salary, money doesnt matter to football players, right guys?
Mate, yesterday you said we were going to pay him less. Perhaps quit while behind?

Do you just spin a wheel before you post to pick the opinion needed?

So far you have gone with

1 Big wuss for not wanting to leave his country
2 Arrogant for not wanting to play for Wolves
3 Won't want a pay cut, so its all about money
4 Will get a pay rise, so its all about money

So which one is it or have you dug yourself down so deep you have decided the only way out is keep digging down?

He's being paid in line with what a €18m player should earn.

Quit being a nob for the sake of it.

Not a lot we can do if they reject the offers, I wouldn’t expect a player to stamp his feet and force a move through to us.

All four are mutually inclusive, so not sure what you are pn about.

Christ above, how much would that double swoop set us back? Got to be looking at the thick end of £100 million for two players.

I can see us landing Dias. Not sure if that is more hope than genuine judgement, though! Just got a feeling.

It won’t happen. 5 into 3 including Saïss is fine anyway. I’d much rather us blow that money on a CM anyway.

I seriously doubt that Ruben Dias will leave Benfica this transfer window. He's been set down to renew for the last month or so. The only disagreement seems to be the release clause. Benfica wanted to set it at 120M,while he does t want to increase it from the current 60M. Papers have been reporting an agreement on this somewhere between the 80-90M range.

I dunno I can see us landing dias, 60m release is what 55m pounds? For a potential world class defender? Plus we can double his salary and he gets to play with half the portugese team

I dunno I can see us landing dias, 60m release is what 55m pounds? For a potential world class defender? Plus we can double his salary and he gets to play with half the portugese team

You have to consider the fact that Benfica plays at CL level and is favorite to renew the league title. Differently from the Porto and Neves situation, Benfica doesn't want, nor needs, to sell Ruben.

I don't think Wolves would be able to double his salary atm. I think, haven't researched so the numbers might be a little off, that Benfica is offering him around 2.5M after taxes, which is 5M before taxes, per season.

Back