• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

That's £50k. We apparently pay Neves around £100k.

Cutrone update:

"According to our correspondent sent to Casa Milan, Donato Orgnoni, agent of Patrick Cutrone, arrived at Casa Milan for the latest documents before leaving for Wolverhampton. The young striker will go to the English club for 18 million euros plus four bonuses and in the next few hours he will sign a four-year two-million-a-season.

Then this

Patrick Cutrone will leave for England this afternoon and tonight and tomorrow morning he will conduct medical examinations with Wolverhampton. On Wednesday, the young striker will then train for the first time with his new team. The English club will try to have it available for the Europa League preliminary match against Crusaders FC scheduled for Thursday."

https://m.milannews.it/news/mn-cutrone-wolverhampton-il-programma-di-patrick-340896

Set to be announced Tuesday then I reckon.

Oh and £40k per week. A bargain all round with his fee only at €18m too.

Cutrone update:

"According to our correspondent sent to Casa Milan, Donato Orgnoni, agent of Patrick Cutrone, arrived at Casa Milan for the latest documents before leaving for Wolverhampton. The young striker will go to the English club for 18 million euros plus four bonuses and in the next few hours he will sign a four-year two-million-a-season.

Then this

Patrick Cutrone will leave for England this afternoon and tonight and tomorrow morning he will conduct medical examinations with Wolverhampton. On Wednesday, the young striker will then train for the first time with his new team. The English club will try to have it available for the Europa League preliminary match against Crusaders FC scheduled for Thursday."

https://m.milannews.it/news/mn-cutrone-wolverhampton-il-programma-di-patrick-340896

Set to be announced Tuesday then I reckon.

They sometimes like to announce the signings after they've had their first day so that they can get photos of them training etc.

Very happy that Cutro looks likely to sign. He's a quality finisher, there were too many times last season where we created enough but didn't have that killer instinct in front of goal.

................and the clubs new addition from Real Madrid will be soon be joined by AC Milan's................

I just keep repeating that to myself.

So we are paying the same for Patrick Cutrone as Saints paid for Danny Ings. Hmmm...

Milan fans say they looked forward to when he came on because they knew he'd change the game and often did.

That is exactly what we were lacking last season, a good option off the bench.

Milan fans say they looked forward to when he came on because they knew he'd change the game and often did.

That is exactly what we were lacking last season, a good option off the bench.

Sounds like someones done their usual great due diligence

Great news about cutrone, absolute bargain for someone with his talent and potential. Glad he made up his mind and listened to reason.

With Dias if we meet his 55m pounds clause, benefica dont get a say. Which is why we should act now before it goes to 80-90m. If hes really on 5m euro per year before taxes, yeah thats pretty ridiculous wages, thats around 88k pounds per week (before tax). Neves is our highest paid player at around 100k I think, but still we could manage a 40-50% increase. I also think he will realize that the premier league and wolves will be better for his career in the long term

That's £50k. We apparently pay Neves around £100k.

It's roughly £100k per week before tax so not sure how we could beat that without destroying the wage structure.

I can't see us getting Dias this season, Mendes is probably using us to force Benfica into a new contract.

Rui, moutinho and neves are all around 100k a week according to the internet, with neves getting a little bit more. Traore is on around 44k and bonatini is on 36k. Cutrone will be getting around 38-40k. We could def afford to give dias 100k, even 120k but that would probably piss off everyone else

Rui, moutinho and neves are all around 100k a week according to the internet, with neves getting a little bit more. Traore is on around 44k and bonatini is on 36k. Cutrone will be getting around 38-40k. We could def afford to give dias 100k, even 120k but that would probably piss off everyone else

I doubt it would piss anyone off - probably the opposite, it will help with any current and future contract negotiations they might be involved in.

The idea that footballers spend all their time annoyed about what their team mates are earning is such a myth. If a player thinks they are worth a better contract they can ask and if they believe they should be paid the same or more as someone else then it is a lever they use in their bargaining...which they can only do of someone earns more.

If the club decides to bring in new players on higher wages then it is good news for anyone else wanting to get a better deal.

Could the wages we no longer have to pay Costa & Cav not go towards paying Dias? Doubt they were on minimum wage.

@FabrizioRomano
·
1m
Patrick Cutrone is flying to UK: “I’m ready and excited to join Wolverhampton. It’s a big challenge for me”. Done deal, confirmed #Wolves #Milan #transfers

Back