• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Its about money. You can earn more being an average Brit playing in England than abroad. That's it really.

John Charles , Denis Law, Ian Rush, Kevin Keegan but its pretty sparse. However it is changing.

Rush was a flop for Juve (although Aldridge was good for Sociedad).

Neither English, mind. Well, Aldridge is but y'know.

Des Walker was the surprise. Should have been absolutely made for Serie A. Wasn't.

Laurie Cunningham for Real Madrid,Jimmy greaves? John Charles? They counting or not,because they played before football was invented in 1992

Its about money. You can earn more being an average Brit playing in England than abroad. That's it really.
You dont understand culture. British cannot be further than 2km from a pub at all times. Also young boys do not wish to live away from their families, who live in council flats and cannot move. Money has nowt to do with it.

Am I doing this right, gang?

Almost none, closest is bale if you consider him english. Very rare for an englishmen to play abroad though unless hes shit and its scotland or something

You're on fire today,you've just insulted a whole new proud nation by classing bale as English

Not really, language barriers, family and friends would all come into it too. Much like it has with Cutrone.

By all accounts Joe Cole was very well liked at Lille.

Our very own Mark Burke was properly appreciated in the Eredivisie, don't get me started on him.

Lineker at Barca of course.

I said if you consider him english, hes lived in and played for english clubs his whole life I dont think it makes any difference footballing wise where he was born

You dont understand culture. British cannot be further than 2km from a pub at all times. Also young boys do not wish to live away from their families, who live in council flats and cannot move. Money has nowt to do with it.

Mate! Please cool your jets. You could piss some people off with that shit, and quick.

Get some sleep chap, today has not been your day.

Not really, language barriers, family and friends would all come into it too. Much like it has with Cutrone.

OK I will bite. English is spoken in Europe and in many cases really well as a second language. We are not good in reciprocating . I put money on Cutrone doing a passable interview in English, here, if he comes , before Xmas.

Italians are usually not great at languages in general.

Italians are usually not great at languages in general.

Trapattoni's German is hilarious :icon_lol:

I mean he worked in Germany and Austria for years on end but he's appalling.

. If you honestly think that he doesnt want to move because hell miss his mom, and not because hell be going from a huge salary and a high profile club to a (relatively) low profile club and a lower salary, I dont know what to tell you... you are extrmely naive.

Your earlier points are fine but do you really think he's going to be on less money at Wolves?

Back