• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

It is a bit of a struggle to think of too many successful Italians in the Premier League, but then can't think of too many unsuccessful ones either. Can't really think of all that many high profile Italians that have played much football away from the motherland, perhaps it's more that that they don't particularly travel at all rather than don't travel well, not even restricted to the Premier League.

Seem to remember all of Zola, Vialli and Di Matteo being a success for Chelsea, Aquilani very much a failure for Liverpool and Materazzi a walking red card for Everton just as he was for everyone else. Think Vieri did alright playing for Atletico years back? Verratti doing well enough for himself at PSG. Struggling to think of many others away from that, can't really count Thiago Motta.

Baiano was good for Derby too. Lombardo was the one shining light in a dire Palace team.

Cudicini did well to overhaul de Goey and hold off Bosnich at Chelsea (settled for semi-retirement though when Cech arrived) and Pellè had two good years at Saints.

I always liked Carbone, clever player.

Only 74 Italians have played in the Premier League in 27 years. So we don't get that many.

Coloccini did pretty well in a shit Newcastle side.

So your counter argument to me saying italians, and seria a players in general do not play well in the pl is "zola"? So one sucessful player 20 years ago when it was a completely different game and a few decent ones.
Would you like me to give you the huge list of spectacular failures and ones who just dont fit? I cant pinpoint what it is exactly but I am absolutely right.
Why is it spanish players are so succesful? Belgians? French? Even fucking bulgaria has had a sucessful player more recently than italy

So your counter argument to me saying italians, and seria a players in general do not play well in the pl is "zola"? So one sucessful player 20 years ago when it was a completely different game and a few decent ones.
Would you like me to give you the huge list of spectacular failures and ones who just dont fit? I cant pinpoint what it is exactly but I am absolutely right.
Why is it spanish players are so succesful? Belgians? French? Even fucking bulgaria has had a sucessful player more recently than italy
You probably should've read the rest of the thread before you typed this response.

Italians won't like it up 'em on a cold night in Burnley.

What about when their playing Thursday Sunday, Thursday derby against Villa, West Ham away.

Chris, is that you?

And yet you still have the cultural awareness of a cinder block.
You mean your cultural awareness of "hes a dago wop, so he must be a mammas boy and not want to leave because of that"
Hes a football player. He gets paid millions to play a game, in a cutthroat business, he will retire at 33-34 and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. He has agents, lawyers, family supporting him in every decision. If you honestly think that he doesnt want to move because hell miss his mom, and not because hell be going from a huge salary and a high profile club to a (relatively) low profile club and a lower salary, I dont know what to tell you... you are extrmely naive.

You mean your cultural awareness of "hes a dago wop, so he must be a mammas boy and not want to leave because of that"
Hes a football player. He gets paid millions to play a game, in a cutthroat business, he will retire at 33-34 and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. He has agents, lawyers, family supporting him in every decision. If you honestly think that he doesnt want to move because hell miss his mom, and not because hell be going from a huge salary and a high profile club to a (relatively) low profile club and a lower salary, I dont know what to tell you... you are extrmely naive.
No rich athlete has ever had mental issues, dontchaknow.

That's a bad argument to make on the same day Marvin Sordell has retired due to issues stemming from depression.

Let's say we go with at least qualified successes being:

Baiano
Balotelli (at City)
Carbone
Cudicini
Di Canio
Di Matteo
Eranio
Festa
Lombardo
Pellè
Ravanelli
Santon
Vialli
Zola

14, you could maybe make the argument for the likes of Pistone if you like, Gabbiadini had a good start when he first arrived, Maccarone scored some important goals for Boro and Emerson has been hardly done by at Chelsea as he's better than Alonso.

There have been 62 Germans in the Premier League and I'd say these would fit in the same bracket:

Babbel (pre-illness)
Ballack
Can
Freund
Groß (first season)
Gündogan
Hamann
Hitzlsperger
Huth
Klinsmann (first spell)
Lehmann
Mertesacker
Özil (first couple of years)
Rösler (at City)
Rüdiger
Sané
Ziege (at Boro)

17. So not really many more.

Stay away from them as well then, I guess?

Repeating the same shit doesn't make it true.

In fact Monstrum you should log off before you make a bigger cock of yourself.

I will never understand this fanboy idol worship you lot have of footballers.

No way Wolves would be offering him a pay cut, that's a nonsense bit of thinking.

Just because you were brave enough to spread your wings and travel the world at an early age that doesn't mean everyone else should be. The money on offer is irrelevant if he's not comfortable making the move, I mean he's not likely to be short of cash as it is from a few years as a professional at Milan so it's not like he's going to be desperately chasing money wherever it's offered. There's a million and one reasons that might make him think Wolves isn't the right choice for him, money isn't the most important thing to everyone.

He is the third lowest paid player at Milan, there is only you saying that it's about money.
You don't know the reason for his decision making, I doubt he will earn less at Wolves than he does currently.
You aren't coming over very well today mate

Back