• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Seen a few people mooting Jota as a #10, not for me. All his best work is done on the shoulder of the last man, he isn't a creative genius as such.
He gets plenty of joy dropping off to receive the ball and then running at people. I wouldn't expect him to suddenly become some king of assists from there but against someone who's sitting very deep it would give something else to think about having him committing players.

Think back to Thursday night, got two out and out towards in the box for when Traore is trying to do his thing, Jota trying to get an extra body in there too, or when the balls central he's dropping between lines and running at them, someone would have to step out at some point and that creates space.

If that were the plan though we've released players who would be excellent back ups, surely you'd keep at least one of them?

Hes a millionaire football player with agents, lawyers, etc who can all give him advice. Hardly a kid at 21, I had graduated uni and lived on 4 different continents at his age, with no money and no help.
He will not start in milan this season. Oh no, he temporarily has to change one mansion in milan for a mansion in england and suffer a three hour trip on a private plane.

And yet you still have the cultural awareness of a cinder block.

Seen a few people mooting Jota as a #10, not for me. All his best work is done on the shoulder of the last man, he isn't a creative genius as such.

I've mooted it on Twitter and I think when you look at goals like Cardiff, Chelsea (a) Jota committing players and having Jiminez +1 within 10 yards for short snappy passing would help break the lines?

I've mooted it on Twitter and I think when you look at goals like Cardiff, Chelsea (a) Jota committing players and having Jiminez +1 within 10 yards for short snappy passing would help break the lines?

I don't think it's a total write off, it's just not what I'd do. He's our best player (along with Moutinho) so I'd always want to get the very best out of him and to me, that's up front.

I don't actually believe we struggle to break down defensive teams...we do, we just aren't great sometimes at converting chances. We had 30 shots on Thursday for instance. Brighton last year at home couldn't have complained if they'd lost 3-0.

I think Monstrum may have been on the run for an unspeakable crime.

Dinamo Zagreb are playing at the moment and Dani Olmo isn't in the squad at all, apparently. I haven't checked the veracity of that, but seemed worth mentioning.

Dinamo Zagreb are playing at the moment and Dani Olmo isn't in the squad at all, apparently. I haven't checked the veracity of that, but seemed worth mentioning.
Olmo not playing. No idea why but something on the internet that's true at least

Predictive text is going have a lot to answer for this season if he signs. Twitter excited about Patrick Crouton...

I was delighted the day my phone started choosing Moutinho rather than Mourinho as the default. Not that I talk about him much like, honest.

If that were the plan though we've released players who would be excellent back ups, surely you'd keep at least one of them?

I think the reason is because they weren’t considered excellent backups. We dont think they are good enough and have decided to get rid to get some money in.

Cutrone isn't going to cost us much more than we're getting all in from Leeds for Costa (will obviously be on higher wages though). Tremendous business if we nail it down.

Don't think we'll hear about it before Tuesday, either way. He'll get here tomorrow and then it's a two day fitness test.

Our man in Bulgaria won't be happy if we do sign him,because Italians are always crap in the premier league,apart from the ones that weren't,

Back