• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

That's that's then - nailed on to be signed.
cc0c1103a4a2361ba18e99325b996665.jpg

Italian journo does a Tim Spiers on Twitter
Patrick #Cutrone cold before the hypothesis #Wolverhampton . The destination does not particularly tickle the attacker, who would like to stay at #Milan and in case of goodbye he would like a first class club.

I wonder how often this has hampered our search for improvement. Its a tough one to break through from where we are to bigger and better.

Boly said the same before he came. He loves it here now.

Wolves is the perfect club for upcoming young players. Just ask Neves or Jota.

There are no quotes at all from the player. Italian AC Milan followers are calling the journalist out for made up bollocks.

Even if it were true, a player at Milan should look at the bigger picture and see where they are amongst the other clubs in Europe now. They're nowhere near being the best in Italy, have substantial FFP and admin issues infesting the club, and their standing in Europe is still very much based on their name and heritage more than anything they've done recently (much like a few clubs here)

I have no basis for this but based on the last 2 seasons I'd say as a club we have probably progressed upwards at a rate that is almost unsurpassed. It won't last (unless we finish top 4 this year...) but right now, at this moment in time, we're going places. Milan are not.

-edit- to say it will probably be more of a wrench for him to leave as a youth player who's come through the ranks (and he is apparently a Milan fan as well) but even still

I still don't see how Wallace gets a work permit.

- Has no EU passport (as far as anywhere reputable says)
- No international caps and nowhere near the Brazil squad
- Not really young enough to qualify as a prospect
- We will not pay a huge fee for him
- He will not be one of our top earners

He doesn't hit any of the markers that are required.

"And the Express & Star understands..."

Am I missing something? How do we know it's even anything from the club?
Spiers wrote it, and he’s currently with the club in China.

Given how keen he’s been to shoot down duff links this summer, there’s not a chance he’d have put his name to that if he hadn’t had heard from the club that it’s nailed on.

Spiers wrote it, and he’s currently with the club in China.

Given how keen he’s been to shoot down duff links this summer, there’s not a chance he’d have put his name to that if he hadn’t had heard from the club that it’s nailed on.

Cheers

The other thing on Cutrone is this is a deal involving three Mendes players and four clubs where he has links, all wrapped into a series of deals totalling over €100m. Do you think Jorge is going to let that fall apart?

It will happen

Wallace looks, erm...

f650338be0db356ad269c114d2dfc0ea.jpg
I believe poor concentration was considered one of Boly's weaknesses. I don't know a great deal about Wallace, mind, but if his only glaring weakness is staying awake, being in a back three and having captain Coady marshalling him could go a long way to alleviate that.

Concentration can be coached, also. Our current first choice back three were perceived as duds, midfielders or unwanted by other clubs. So our coaches must be something pretty special...

Tbf I don't think any of our current CBs would be successful in a back four. Our defensive system, as I've said before, maximizes all of our CBs' strengths AND minimizes their weaknesses.

Wolves put out a strange tweet about pointing players.
Curtone points when he scores (ala Neves) hence he must be coming.

I would be pretty happy with that. JRodrigues rather disagrees!

We are definitely doing business almost entirely within the Mendes web this summer.

Unless it’s Mendes forcing the move, just can’t see it happening. What do Benfica pay roughly?

Back