• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Wolves in talks with A C Milan to sign Cutrone says Jim White on talkshite

Sky reporting we are in talks too

The article from Spiers is very commital and can only be with the nod of the club. This one must be as good as done and no danger of anyone else stepping in. Get him to Compton ASAP.

Finally a bit of excitement. I don't think I have ever seen Cutrone play but the things I have read online are positive. Hope we can sign him.

Doc passes it instead of crossing for a reason. Nowt to do with targets in the area just he is generally shit at crossing.

Better for Traore mind

I'd imagine it's a game plan, in open play Wolves rarely cross it (in the traditional sense of a cross)

I'd imagine it's a game plan, in open play Wolves rarely cross it (in the traditional sense of a cross)

Game plan for Doc. Traore will cross (did it on Wednesday v Newcastle a couple of times). Doc crossing attempts reduced massively as the season went on and when Donk arrived in the team they all but stopped. Can only remember 1 at home after January and that was due to lack of options to help him out.

Game plan for Doc. Traore will cross (did it on Wednesday v Newcastle a couple of times). Doc crossing attempts reduced massively as the season went on and when Donk arrived in the team they all but stopped. Can only remember 1 at home after January and that was due to lack of options to help him out.

Traore is more likely to cross because, lets be honest he is more off the cuff.

Neither Doc or Jonny cross (in the traditional sense) that often, they cut inside, pull back, shoot or look for it to feet.

We certainly don't bang the ball in the box indiscriminately like Newcastle did the other day or we did under McCarthy, there is far more of a thought process generally.

To suggest Doc passes because he is shit at crossing is just another lazy criticisim of him, how many assists did he get last season from cut backs or intelligent passes into the box? Would you prefer he crossed it in instead?

Neither Doc or Jonny cross (in the traditional sense) that often, they cut inside, pull back, shoot or look for it to feet.

We certainly don't bang the ball in the box indiscriminately like Newcastle did the other day or we did under McCarthy, there is far more of a thought process generally.

To suggest Doc passes because he is shit at crossing is just another lazy criticisim of him, how many assists did he get last season from cut backs or intelligent passes into the box? Would you prefer he crossed it in instead?

In the seasons before the last one, when he was "crossing" the ball, how many assists did he get compared to throw ins he gave away on the other side of the pitch.
His crossing was truly awful but he has adapted his game as we've adapted too

I absolutely agree.

Doc has turned in to an intelligent, forward thinking player (who'd have thought it) and Nuno and the coaching staff have got him playing to his strengths.

Sometimes it can be frustrating when he gets in to a good position and then cuts the ball back behind everyone - but I would rather he try something like that and a runner from midfield picks up the scraps, then lop a cross to the back post which just gets cleared (and doesn't suit our players anyway).

He's good at that but rubbish at crossing from deep (which a "normal" wingback would do more often than anything else). So we just told him to stop doing the latter as it's a waste of everyone's time.

He is shit at crossing though. I loved Doc last season and not doing any lazy criticism of him. Just stating a fact I can see with my own eyes. When he crosses they are generally woeful
The fact he has the ability to pick a pass when in the area doesn't mean that when someone posts he will now have a target in the area to cross I can't point out that would be pointless. This wasn't some random oooh lets have a go at Doc post, it was a direct response to something.

Italian journo does a Tim Spiers on Twitter
Patrick #Cutrone cold before the hypothesis #Wolverhampton . The destination does not particularly tickle the attacker, who would like to stay at #Milan and in case of goodbye he would like a first class club.

Patrick #Cutrone cold before the hypothesis #Wolverhampton . The destination does not particularly tickle the attacker, who would like to stay at #Milan and in case of goodbye he would like a first class club.
You missed out the #calcionercato at the end...

To be ignored.

The destination does not particularly tickle the attacker

I would hope Wolves wouldn't have allowed Spears to confirm the rumour if they felt (or Mendes) felt the player wouldn't move.

He is shit at crossing though. I loved Doc last season and not doing any lazy criticism of him. Just stating a fact I can see with my own eyes. When he crosses they are generally woeful
The fact he has the ability to pick a pass when in the area doesn't mean that when someone posts he will now have a target in the area to cross I can't point out that would be pointless. This wasn't some random oooh lets have a go at Doc post, it was a direct response to something.

Ok fair enough. I am a little sensitive over Doc. :nod:

"And the Express & Star understands..."

Am I missing something? How do we know it's even anything from the club?

Back