• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

What’s the reasoning behind the deal being the way it is? If they have to buy him next year anyway what’s the point in having it as a loan now?

Good luck to him, I think he’ll tear up the championship.

What’s the reasoning behind the deal being the way it is? If they have to buy him next year anyway what’s the point in having it as a loan now?

Good luck to him, I think he’ll tear up the championship.

FFP I imagine.

Sad but this is where we are as a club. Good players become not good enough for us.

Yeah am sure there will be "reported figures". Probably a base fee with an add on if they get promoted as you say.

Barring a Bielsa implosion (not out of the question I suppose) they look pretty good to go up I think.

That's ruthless but no different to what we did with Edwards, Dicko, Hause etc - as soon as they're deemed not good enough they're out.

The deal looks good for us which is probably why it took a bit of time, likewise, i expect our stance to be similar when we're buying players.

I see this as a positive and a really good statement as to the direction we're going.

£15m according to the mirror, fantastic news!

Best of luck to Helder, I hope he does really well

Funny how Leeds were one of the clubs crying about the way we did business a year or two ago, and have now bought players from us the last two summer windows.

Helder goes with nothing but my best wishes. I hope he tears up the Championship for them and gets back to his best & maybe the fresh start is what he needs.

Who would have thought before Nuno arrived that Costa would be considered not good enough for us just a couple of years later?

He was just so much better than everyone else under Lambert and Zenga.

Again it shows just how far and how fast the club has moved.

Who would have thought before Nuno arrived that Costa would be considered not good enough for us just a couple of years later?

He was just so much better than everyone else under Lambert and Zenga.

Again it shows just how far and how fast the club has moved.

I understand the sentiment, but this isn't really true is it? If Costa had displayed the form he did under Zenga and Lambert, we wouldn't be selling him.

I understand the sentiment, but this isn't really true is it? If Costa had displayed the form he did under Zenga and Lambert, we wouldn't be selling him.
Or we bought better players than him.

Or we bought better players than him.

We did but he still didn't look the same player we first signed, which was only in part due to the step up to the Premier League imo, had Costa shown the form from when we first signed him I think he's flourish in this league (albeit probably not with us, using the system we now use)

I think it's the system as you say Deano. It really doesn't suit him as he's a winger/ inside forward.

I think part of it was the slight change of position from winger to IF.

Edit: Ignore me, didn't read the 2 posts above.

I think it's the system as you say Deano. It really doesn't suit him as he's a winger/ inside forward.

Agreed. Formation hurt his effectiveness with us; but he never quite looked the same player after his injury either. He seemed to have bulked up at the start of last season and I thought he might really of kicked on, but he just never seemed to get going and looked so weak and lightweight. Then he scored v Spurs and I was hoping that would do the trick - but again nothing.

I hope he gets his mojo back. First two years he was superb and we owe him a lot for sticking around when we could easily have gone down.

Wonder if this means Cav will now stay?

Back