• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I don't know what those are so I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention.

Holy hell - someone on Twitter saying Leeds will have to pay £20m for Costa if they go up.

Getting linked with players means absolutely nothing now. You can generate heat from anything. The mainstream media don't even hold the power there now. We give nothing to the local media as they behaved like cunts for years and that really is their problem.

Whether we've been linked with 2 or 200 players is totally irrelevant. All you can do is work out how likely it is on a scale of "Twitter knob with four followers" to "Alan fucking Nixon, obviously just guessing" to "further down the line, someone who generally gets it right is giving it credence".

It isn't 2001 any more.

If he goes to Leeds doesn't do a lot, they don't go up and he comes back to us with a year on his contract, we'd snap someone's hand off for £6m

Pessimist. He'll do well and we will either get the full enchilada if Leeds get promoted or someone else will pick him up for what we paid. So the loan fee is a profit for us. We are extremely unlikely to make a loss on Helder Costa. He has destroyed the Championship before, when we were shit in it.

Pessimist. He'll do well and we will either get the full enchilada if Leeds get promoted or someone else will pick him up for what we paid. So the loan fee is a profit for us. We are extremely unlikely to make a loss on Helder Costa. He has destroyed the Championship before, when we were shit in it.
I genuinely hope you are right. I'd love him to do well

The Guess and Stir is chock-full of exclusives about who we aren't signing.

I wonder if they'll have any exclusives about who we are signing at any point?

Martin Wainbuch, the agent of Walter Kannemann, has confirmed that Wolves have been in contact to enquire about the defender.

There have been no offers yet but Wolves wanted to know the situation and whether Kannemann would be interested in a move. [Globo Esporte]

Looks like it's a Dendoncker style obligation to buy no matter if they go up or not. 4 year deal.

"Helder Costa has today joined Leeds United from Wolverhampton Wanderers on an initial one year loan deal, which will become a permanent transfer next summer for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old has agreed a four year contract with the Whites, which will run until the summer of 2024."

If £20m is indeed the fee, then that's good business.

£6-10m my arse!!! :icon_lol:

20m would be niiice. Good luck to him

Farewell Helder. I shall never forget away v Brentford under Lambert. If we'd have lost that, I would have put money on us getting relegated.

Sad news, but the right move for all parties. I imagine that we will have got a profit on him when it turns permanent, so £20m is probably not far off at all.

All the best Helder, thank you for everything

Back