• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Would you like a mop as your incontinence pants seem to have sprung a leak.
Don't be so childish. I am expressing my opinion. Last time that I checked that was allowed on here. A view I have been expressing since the fire sale of most of our forwards

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Don't be so childish. I am expressing my opinion. Last time that I checked that was allowed on here. A view I have been expressing since the fire sale of most of our forwards

Majority of our forwards weren't good enough

Which solicited my response. It's the same remarks over and over and it's really fucking boring. You deserve every response you get IMO (as that's allowed).

Fire sale...3 strikers who failed to get into double figures between them. We got rid of the strikers you spent last season having a go at for being useless. So in theory it shouldn't matter if they are here or not as you don't rate them.

We have just experienced probably the best transfer window for years. Top class players who should not be at our level and a manager backed with millions. If by the end of today we haven't added a striker to the signing of Leo (remember that signing) it will be a little disapointing but it won't make the last 3 months a failure or ruin our season.

IMO we should have waited to sell Dicko for £3.5m until we had another striker signed..Im sure he will do well for Hull..

IMO we should have waited to sell Dicko for £3.5m until we had another striker signed..Im sure he will do well for Hull..

Under what premise? He was improving on last year in terms of mobility, but still looks nothing in comparison to what he was.
I'm sure we'll get someone in anyway!

Your opinion is perfectly entitled, but using the phrase fire sale is complete rubbish and I'll call it out for being exactly that.

Under what premise? He was improving on last year in terms of mobility, but still looks nothing in comparison to what he was.
I'm sure we'll get someone in anyway!

because i think he is a very good striker..hope we can improve on him in the window..a few hours left

because i think he is a very good striker..hope we can improve on him in the window..a few hours left

He was great for us before his injury. He has looked nothing like the same player since coming back.

Was it the 3 goals in 20+ games that convinced you of his goalscoring prowess since the injury?

So far we have only let go 2 forwards who scored a massive 6 goals between them last year and one who hardly featured - really not sure that they were going to fire us to the Premiership

Cav can play that role & Zyro (when fully fit, which he isn't yet) was as competent as Bod in that position in the limited numbers of games that he played there so we are not completely bereft

i thought he had his sharpness back in pre-season..might have been to early to give him away like that

if he is a failure at Hull i will raise my hands and say i was wrong

A view I have been expressing since the fire sale of most of our forwards

I think that's the problem, Frank. You've not stopped expressing the same view over and over again.

"If we don't sign someone, it makes no sense for us to sell our strikers. I really hope we do sign someone otherwise we'll have no strikers" [repeat ad nauseum]

i thought he had his sharpness back in pre-season..might have been to early to give him away like that

I was at the Southampton game and saw some pretty glaring opportunities that he missed. I don't know if it's his decision-making or his confidence. Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets back to how he was pre-injury, but it's just hope, not expectancy.

For where we hope to be I don't think he's good enough. And in my eyes he'd only ever be playing a small bit-part in getting us there.

Why? He had clearly dropped down the pecking order and there was no indication that he was going to be a first choice and with Costa, Cavaliero, Jota, Bonatini and Enobakhare ahead of him for one of the three forward spaces (and possibly Wilson and Zyro too) we could have been left with a player we weren't going to play if other teams had moved onto other targets. He has had a long term injury and probably wants a better chance of regular football. I think we've treated Dicko well, he probably wanted to leave and unless we have a massive injury crisis he wasn't going to get much of a look in.

Not 11 pm yet is it.

Mason Dicko and bod on their current showings would have struggled to score in a brothel so ,despite them having plenty of opportunity to shine, they didn't.
I want a striker but won't scream , pout and throw my toys out if one doesn't come. As I say 5 hours to go! Lots can happen!

Back