• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Six hours left for us to sign a forward. I presumed that with players being released, there would be a replacement lined up.

It is begining to look like we will have that lovely house without a roof.

Maybe you can make that statement in six and a bit hours? But you can't right now.

Do you really think that right now, Thelwell is phoning round clubs trying to find a striker?

I hope Thelwell is currently locked in his office after Jeff found his list of striker targets...

Six hours left for us to sign a forward. I presumed that with players being released, there would be a replacement lined up.

It is begining to look like we will have that lovely house without a roof.

Would you like a mop as your incontinence pants seem to have sprung a leak.

Sky have only just said we are close to signing Locadia? No time to get too panicky just yet...

Do we think Wilson is ready for more of a first team role? Obviously from the bench, but seeing the way Bright has been used makes me hope we will see some more of the promising younger players doing well.

Do we think Wilson is ready for more of a first team role? Obviously from the bench, but seeing the way Bright has been used makes me hope we will see some more of the promising younger players doing well.
At this stage of his career he needs to be. I think he should be involved more

Have a mate who is a PSV fan who says he's naturally a striker but has generally been used wide. Prefers to play down the middle though and this season he has been used as the main ST. Will get a bigger review if we sign him!

Would have thought that he will get chances and would have been one of the factors in letting Dicko, Bod & Mason go, but still expect an announcement before 11pm on a higher profile addition as well

I hope so I think he's a cracking player and didn't look out of place at the back end of last season when he came on.

It's strange that we all clamour for youth to be used but when we have a very good player coming through we don't want him to be used. Wilson is too good for U23 level for me and needs to be used like Bright will be.

Apparently had a bid rejected for Afobe.

Astonishing that we have got rid of 16/17 players in the window but Matt Doherty has survived the cull. Good job no-one told DW that on June 1st...

His exclusives on that footbalinsiders site have been about as accurate as Dicko was v Southampton.

I hope so I think he's a cracking player and didn't look out of place at the back end of last season when he came on.

It's strange that we all clamour for youth to be used but when we have a very good player coming through we don't want him to be used. Wilson is too good for U23 level for me and needs to be used like Bright will be.

With the formation we're playing we do have Wilson, Zyro, and Cavaleiro who can play through the middle if Bonatini and A N Other get injured, I don't think we should get more than one "striker" in right now for that reason. It's not exactly depth we lack as much as that single nailed-on starter if fit to match the quality either side.

Only seen the highlights of him but his off the ball runs seem to be at a very instinctive level. Seems very highly thought of so was hoping that Dicko leaving will free a space for him.

I wouldn't want Afobe back the way he left really left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't think he would be a fit for our system..

Back