• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Same club we signed German Phil from, I think. Another winger, though?

Winger/wing back according to transfermarkt. Maybe we've decided Vinagre isn't ready fir the first team.

Played for Holloway before hasn't he? So that might sway his decision (if there is one)
Good point...he'll clearly not go back to Holloway! Hull it is.

I don't think he's a bad player to hold in reserve, but not for the sake of missing out on another target. I think there will be times this season we see two played up top as well.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Winger/wing back according to transfermarkt. Maybe we've decided Vinagre isn't ready fir the first team.

It's possible we were after Heise and Vinagre simultaneously and have had our eyes out for another player in that mold since Heise fell through.

Wonder why we were allowed to take Vinagre if he's just going to be with our youth teams, though?

Vinagre wasn't involved for the U23s so I'm sure he'll play tomorrow. I think the idea is to get him into the first team fold gradually

Yeah Vinagre will definitely play tomorrow. Even if Douglas was fit. Not a bad back up to have...

I was trying to give Doc the benefit of the doubt but after Cardiff I'm right back to wanting him nowhere near the team.

Doc didnt track back well as a FB I think he thinks hes a WF rather than a WB at the moment based on Saturday. On the ball he was quite good but we all knew that anyway, is it a fitness issue with him he always looks like hes knackered??

Doc didnt track back well as a FB I think he thinks hes a WF rather than a WB at the moment based on Saturday. On the ball he was quite good but we all knew that anyway, is it a fitness issue with him he always looks like hes knackered??

Yep dont think he is fit enough for that role no matter how hard he trains, also his body language doesnt help. Hopefully if Marshall is playing tonight he will shortly be fit enough.

I'm not so sure Marshall has the pace and stamina to do the wing back role either but it will be interesting to see how he gets on as he's clearly got the ability to make it work for him.

Doherty continues to confuse me. Looks like he's trimmed down yet still looks like he CBA to either run back to defend or run forward onto a sexy Neves pass. And he's always staring at the floor, like it isn't even a football thing, has zero confidence in himself, maybe he's an emo?

Mason's gone on loan to Burton.

I quite liked Jigsaw but it was a strange signing to begin with and there's no place for him in Nuno's 3-4-3.

We scouted him for years, he must've been linked with us for 3 or 4 windows before he signed. Jackett described him as the 'perfect #10 for my formation' which seemed bizarre at the time, he scored a few goals in his first couple of games and was then dropped for a month after Ken admitted that he was struggling to find a way to fit him into the team. Great work Wolves, £3.5M well spent. Not the only time Jackett did that either, if you compared 3 quotes from KJ about Jed Wallace from when he first signed, before he went on loan to Millwall and then at the end of Ken's reign you'd have thought he was talking about 3 completely different players.

Mason will do well for Burton if they play him up top with a more physical partner but that's the only way he can be effective at this level IMO. He does pick up good positions inbetween the defence and midfield and has a decent touch but apart from that he well and truly earned the nickname 'Average Joe'.

The £3.5m for Mason is yet another myth isnt it. A million or so with add ons that will never be forfilled ?

The £3.5m for Mason is yet another myth isnt it. A million or so with add ons that will never be forfilled ?

Either way a disappointing move for us and probably for Mason as well: he must have wanted someone to sign him permanently. He's never going to play under Nuno

Indeed. One mans success is another mans shit on the bottom of a shoe..

Christ, just realised he's only been here for 18 months. Feels like much longer. Still has two years left on his contract, too.

Not convinced he will do well for Burton who'll deploy a very direct style similar to Cardiff and don't have a very flat pitch from what I recall last year but I suppose it's another player gone we don't need

Back