• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

TWF Porto fave Aboubaker bagged a hat trick this evening.
We will sign him when we go up...

I get the impression that fosun have learnt much in 12 months. They would have seen a little soft underbelly v Cardiff. Don't be surprised if they plug that sharpish!

I get the impression that fosun have learnt much in 12 months. They would have seen a little soft underbelly v Cardiff. Don't be surprised if they plug that sharpish!
One loss doesn't mean we need to change priorities.

TWF Porto fave Aboubaker bagged a hat trick this evening.
We will sign him when we go up...

I think this one is beyond us this season unfortunately. next season, maybe......

Julan still sounds interesting

One loss doesn't mean we need to change priorities.

I didnt say it did. It just showed an area that we can and should improve on. Shrewsbury beat us by kicking us off the park. Cardiff won thanks to a similar game plan that involved breaking up our flow and commiuting niggly fouls. The fact they went unpunished is a verdict on the ref but we cant rely on refs for protection. We do have a bit of a soft underbelly at the moment but we also have some real creative talent and more often than not talent will win. On Saturday it didnt.

I wouldn't say we have a soft unbelly at all. - I certainly wouldn't want to piss Boly, Saiss or Miranda off and Douglas will be able to look after himself and in the games so far Neves and Jota have not hid away if the going has got tough. Not a lot you can really do to counter off the ball bollocks is there. Unless we go like for like and risk losing a man or 2

I wouldn't say we have a soft unbelly at all. - I certainly wouldn't want to piss Boly, Saiss or Miranda off and Douglas will be able to look after himself and in the games so far Neves and Jota have not hid away if the going has got tough. Not a lot you can really do to counter off the ball bollocks is there. Unless we go like for like and risk losing a man or 2

Exactly the first thing Warnock would do when he focused on our fixture would be research the referee then work out how far you could stretch the rules under the bloke. His players would be instructed to push and push the boundaries of the laws to see what they could get away with. Rein it back in when you pull a booking lads. Warnock couldn't believe his luck.

Exactly the first thing Warnock would do when he focused on our fixture would be research the referee then work out how far you could stretch the rules under the bloke. His players would be instructed to push and push the boundaries of the laws to see what they could get away with. Rein it back in when you pull a booking lads. Warnock couldn't believe his luck.

Exactly, Warnock has managed 500 Championship games, Nuno has managed 4: on Saturday it showed, but does that mean I would change to Warnock-ball? Not for a second

Exactly, Warnock has managed 500 Championship games, Nuno has managed 4: on Saturday it showed, but does that mean I would change to Warnock-ball? Not for a second

If our ref on Saturday mirrored the standards in the Premier league West Brom would go close to winning it.

Ageeed. And Warnock has always been a catastrophe in the Premier League as well. If Cardiff get up they will need to sack him

Sam Gallagher going to Blues, and they've also confirmed the signings of Carl Jenkinson and Cohen Bramall from Arsenal.

Floppy Chops working hard to improve their squad. No doubt when they announce Gallagher it'll be with the tag line "there was a lot of interest in Sam, and we beat off the competition" etc.

Jenkinson's a bit pants nowadays and the other Arsenal lad I know nothing about.

If Gallagher is going to Blues then either we or Villa didn't offer as much in loan fee or our interest wasn't as firm as made out. I'm not bothered he's not coming here, but it does strengthen them.

I assume they must be going 3 at the back with Jenkinson and Bramhall as wing backs. If so, both good signings. I suggested a couple of weeks ago after Cohen was in the first team picture on Arsenal's tour and it was clear that was the way we were going that we sign him as back up to Baz. Unless he's come on a long way in the last 8 months though he's not a regular starter for me in a top Championship side but we'll see.

Was we really ever in for Gallagher. I dont think so, just more two and two equalling 567.

There would've been a lot of teams in for Gallagher, he might've chosen Blues because he thought he'd get more game time there.

Jenkinson's a bit pants nowadays and the other Arsenal lad I know nothing about.

He was the lad who Arsenal signed from Hednesford not too long ago a lad who I know knows him, he raves on what great kid he is and fully deserved a move to a bigger team although Arsenal wasn't what he was expecting. It will be interesting to see how he does at Brum this season

With Gallagher, I think Saints didn't want us to have an option to buy at the end of the loan so we ended our interest.

Back