• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Or is Arry basically saying I'm no good unless I can splash the cash and that Gary Rowett is a better manager than me by a mile because he got this squad far higher up the table.

Or is Arry basically saying I'm no good unless I can splash the cash and that Gary Rowett is a better manager than me by a mile because he got this squad far higher up the table.

doesnt matter either way for me, Rowett is better with modern football..

Just shows how simple some of the media outlets are in this country thinking that Arry would turn blues into genuine contenders and that JT going to Villa would transform them from last season.

I think Rowett will be a bit like Mick. Able to get the very best out of a limited squad but when required to step up the quality he will struggle.

I think Rowett will be a bit like Mick. Able to get the very best out of a limited squad but when required to step up the quality he will struggle.

maybe, you could be right..

i think he will be alright in the end, not Harry

No, he's wank.

Coming into Birmingham as relegation certainties on the back of a 0-8 home loss with the chairman/owner in prison Rowett developing a siege mentality and getting the best out of wank footballers like David Davis and Clayton Donaldson was exactly what that club needed at that time, it served both parties well and Birmingham even over achieved under it.

He's the very definition of anti football, living here in Derby some of the natives are already getting restless as he continues to play the likes of Butterfield and keeps whacking it long at Martin. I don't fancy him finishing the season there.

No, he's wank.

Coming into Birmingham as relegation certainties on the back of a 0-8 home loss with the chairman/owner in prison Rowett developing a siege mentality and getting the best out of wank footballers like David Davis and Clayton Donaldson was exactly what that club needed at that time, it served both parties well and Birmingham even over achieved under it.

He's the very definition of anti football, living here in Derby some of the natives are already getting restless as he continues to play the likes of Butterfield and keeps whacking it long at Martin. I don't fancy him finishing the season there.

hehe, ok..quite a slagging there Lincs... :)

hehe, ok..quite a slagging there Lincs... :)

Indeed, I used to buy into his hype but the more I've seen the more I've realised he was the right guy at the right time but that won't carry over elsewhere unless they're in a total mess too.

He's more McLeish than McCarthy from what I've seen. All defence and organisation rather than pure work rate and good attitude.

Watched a lot of Blues highlights when he became flavour of the month following the Zenga sacking and it'd been months since they'd scored a goal in open play even with their good form. Derby season ticket holder I work with isn't impressed at all, even allowing for the creative players they've lost he think Rowett is still taking more entertainment out of the side with his setup. After the game last week he said he was annoyed by how much more of a team Wolves looked compared to Derby even though they'd had longer together as a side and with that manager, that's before even getting into the differing styles they played.

I'll give him until November until he walks.
September the 1st on a 'I didn't get what I was promised' premise. Remember he told everyone that getting in the top 6 of the Championship was a piece of piss. They have 4 points from as many games and haven't played anyone who'll make the Top half yet.

I guarantee in the next fortnight he'll pull his tried and trusted 6 men on the bench routine

I think Rowett is tactically sharper than most in the Championship though admittedly he struggled to come up with answers against Wolves. Still expect them to finish top four.

I think Rowett is tactically sharper than most in the Championship though admittedly he struggled to come up with answers against Wolves. Still expect them to finish top four.

Don't see it, he makes teams solid and grinds out results.

Don't see it, he makes teams solid and grinds out results.

Pretty much. I was hoping he was just making the most of what he had at Blues but seems he is very limited.

Strange to see Butterfield getting a skating at Derby, I'd take him here. Think he'd fit in well with our system

Pretty much. I was hoping he was just making the most of what he had at Blues but seems he is very limited.

Strange to see Butterfield getting a skating at Derby, I'd take him here. Think he'd fit in well with our system

I always thought he was pretty reasonable too but after reading their forum a bit before our game if you anonymised the posts you'd be forgiven for thinking they were off this forum talking about Edwards.

Derby fans hate him. Sideways passes and completely anonymous in games. They ironically cheered him off when he was subbed against us.

Back