• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

This would involve an interesting first interview with Benik.

He would have to apologise for being a prat before wolves fans even begin to forgiv him....

Though I blame our hierarchy at the time just as much. Bournemouth announcing the deal before us was a shambles

I never rated Ruben Neves that highly. He doesn't play at Porto because he's soft and the defending part of the defensive midfielder matters most. He's also not creative enough to be central midfielder, but his young, he might progress. Nuno didn't care for him when he was at Porto. This is just Mendes pulling the strings to help Porto meet FFP target losses.

I never rated Ruben Neves that highly. He doesn't play at Porto because he's soft and the defending part of the defensive midfielder matters most. He's also not creative enough to be central midfielder, but his young, he might progress. Nuno didn't care for him when he was at Porto. This is just Mendes pulling the strings to help Porto meet FFP target losses.

He was the flagship of Porto's desperate propaganda to promote their academy until André Silva showed up. Then O Jogo front pages had a new owner for months. He has some potencial but he is not what they tried to make of him. And he will take a while to get used to the pace in england.

Ok.. Here is the story behind this. Porto needs to make 115M on sales because of the Fair Play thing. Considering their poor squad that was almost a miracle. But when you need a miracle, who you gonna call? Yep you know who.

This is my opinion on how this is happening: Wolves buys Rúben, Porto gets the money, Rúben stays at Porto on loan, Fair Play is guaranteed, Mendes saves the day, Porto is grateful so they join back the brotherwood, Wolves gains even more Mendes sympathy, next season Rúben joins Juve as he was supposed to but for the real value.
I know you hate Mendes, I know you hate Porto, but you've become unhinged. I can 100% guarantee you if we were to sign this guy or anyone else for this type of money we will not be loaning them straight back out. It doesn't work like that in England and certainly not in the Championship. Move him on after a year and Porto earn well out of a sell on clause is plausible, loaning him straight back isn't, but even then if we are paying £17m for him I'm not sure how much value will be added after a Championship season.

I would take Afobe back in a heartbeat he's miles better than anything else we have. Yes he was a bit of a Dick but I can quite easily forget when he starts banging them in...

...................Afobe...............
Graham.........Cav..........Costa.
.....Saiss/Ronan.......Neves..............
Douglas...Hause...Miranda...Ofosu
....................Ruddy......................

OK I just can't bring myself to put Ikeme in but the rest is pretty exciting

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Afobe isn't an out and out 9 in my opinion. His best form last time round was just behind Dicko in his first 5 months. That said I don't think he could do the Cav role in your formation either, that's what he tried and failed to do in his second 5 months. If we have him back it would have to be in more of a 4411 than a 4231 otherwise I think we'd get caught in midfield.

On a separate note Cav will be suspended first game won't he? I take it he got a 3 game suspension for violent conduct?

That's quite a line up, Siggy!

The Neves rumour is very exciting indeed. We appear to be more active in this window than I'd anticipated. 4 defenders in already for example - clearly we needed to completely gut that department but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. No way we won't be looking to improve other areas as well.

Fosun are certainly flexing their muscles it seems, it just proves that last season was a firefight given the lack of time available to do what they're doing now.

They've been pretty ruthless since the season ended - and it's about time we saw a shake up like this on and off the pitch.

I just hope the new signings fit in better than some of the slapdash deals we did towards the end of the last summer window.

As for outgoing transfers, except for a very few exceptions (maybe half a dozen) I won't be sad to see any of them leave. Time to stop accepting mediocrity.

Ok.. Here is the story behind this. Porto needs to make 115M on sales because of the Fair Play thing. Considering their poor squad that was almost a miracle. But when you need a miracle, who you gonna call? Yep you know who.

This is my opinion on how this is happening: Wolves buys Rúben, Porto gets the money, Rúben stays at Porto on loan, Fair Play is guaranteed, Mendes saves the day, Porto is grateful so they join back the brotherwood, Wolves gains even more Mendes sympathy, next season Rúben joins Juve as he was supposed to but for the real value.

Or perhaps he has been convinced that he will not be a bench warmer at Wolves, we will be promoted to the Premiership this time and he will be then playing in the one of the best leagues in the World in a vastly ambitious club and he is to be one of the corner stones of this great club's revival. If that fails he will have a sell on clause. If we sign him I reckon a 4 year contract.

Me reading the last few pages
production.jpg

They've been pretty ruthless since the season ended - and it's about time we saw a shake up like this on and off the pitch.

I just hope the new signings fit in better than some of the slapdash deals we did towards the end of the last summer window.

As for outgoing transfers, except for a very few exceptions (maybe half a dozen) I won't be sad to see any of them leave. Time to stop accepting mediocrity.

Totally agree. We've needed this clearout more than we needed Kenny's cold shoulder of the bomb squad. And thank fuck it's happening. I wouldn't be sad to see the back of Ikeme, Lonergan, Doherty, Batth, Price, Evans, Coady, Mason and Bod really but it's unrealistic to expect all of them to be replaced. I do think we're bringing in targets who will improve the first XI though this time and not just panicking and hoovering up anybody to make up the numbers.

.....and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.....

Just to save Sky Sports the trouble...

attachment.php

I didn't think he looked "all that" from the video posted tbh. Probably better than what we have but not enough to be hugely excited about. I hope I'm wrong, IF he signs.

Back