• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

He's definitely not scummier than Dickov!!

Let's have a sample from the first page of Google results:

It has emerged that Chelsea captain John Terry showed team-mates stud marks down his legs, allegedly from a tackle by Barnes, and is understood to have brought a rogue elbow to his eye socket, again apparently from Barnes, to the attention of Atkinson during the game.

I don't understand the love affair with Barnes. Goes for every header either looking for a free kick or trying to get a sly elbow in on the opposition ...

Eden Hazard got his usual kicking while Ashley Barnes laid out Cesar Azpilicueta with an elbow which was not even punished with a booking.

Potters defender Bruno Martins Indi was also floored by an elbow from Ashley Barnes, although he recovered to complete the game.

Ashley Barnes tripping the referee on Saturday got us thinking on other memorable player vs referee clashes

CHEBUR%20Image%204.jpg

Absolute cunt of a footballer.

Martin isn't in the Derby side at the moment. If Thelwell still has any influence then it wouldn't surprise me to see us go in for him again. At his best he's the link player we need, at his worst a sulky lump of lard.

Let's have a sample from the first page of Google results:

CHEBUR%20Image%204.jpg

Absolute cunt of a footballer.

I'm sure that if Dickov had been playing at a time when things were documented and analysed as they are now, the list of his misdemeanors would be far longer, however, lets just settle on them both being cunts.

Confirmed In - 11

Phil Ofosu-Ayeh - Eintracht Braunschweig - Free - 3yr Contract
Roderick Miranda - Rio Ave - Undisclosed - 4yr Contract
Ryan Bennett - Norwich City - Free - 3yr Contract
Barry Douglas - Konyaspor - Undisclosed - 2yr Contract with 1yr Option
Ruben Neves - Porto - Undisclosed (Club Record Fee) - 5yr Contract
Willy Boly - Porto - Season Long Loan - Agreement to purchase
John Ruddy - Norwich City - Free - 2yr Contract
Will Norris - Cambridge Utd - Undisclosed - - 3yr Contract with 1yr Option
Rúben Vinagre - Monaco - Season Long Loan
Diogo Jota - Atlético Madrid - Season Long Loan
Leo Bonatini - Al Hilal - Season Long Loan

Confirmed Out - 16

Mike Williamson - Released
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - Loan Ended
Richard Stearman - Loan Ended
Andi Weimann - Loan Ended
James Henry - Released
Jed Wallace - Millwall - Undisclosed - Reported Fee £500k
George Saville - Millwall - Undisclosed - Reported Fee £500k
Silvio - Released
Paul Gladon - Heracles Almelo - Season Long Loan
Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Milton Keynes Dons - Season Long Loan
Dominic Iorfa - Ipswich Town - Season Long Loan
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - Reading - Undisclosed - Reported Fee £3m
Niall Ennis- Shrewsbury Town - Season Long Loan
Lee Evans - Wigan Athletic - Season Long Loan
Dave Edwards - Reading - Undisclosed - Reported Fee £1m
Andy Lonergan - Leeds United - Free

27 league goals in the last five seasons. Bargain.

Sounds like we have treated all our departures very fairly - they have dropped down the pecking order and it would have been churlish to hold onto them for the sake of higher transfer fees. Buying clubs would know, maybe even told, who is likely to be available so I doubt we were in a position to hold out for more money
..and it is good for the individual players to be able to leave with minimum fuss.

Anybody who thinks we haven't done good business in the transfer window overall is wrong.

Regardless of who we sign next, I think this has been the best transfer window in living memory. Its been beyond my wildest expectations and couldn't really have asked for more (maybe a 20 goals per season striker)

Reading are signing Sone Aluko for £7.5M!

Mental!

Regardless of who we sign next, I think this has been the best transfer window in living memory. Its been beyond my wildest expectations and couldn't really have asked for more (maybe a 20 goals per season striker)

best transfer window....ever !
just imagine what it could be like next summer if we gain promotion this season

Martin is awful up front on his own at the minute. Just ask Derby fans. Even Rowett has binned him off for Vydra/Nugent up front instead.

Martin is awful up front on his own at the minute. Just ask Derby fans. Even Rowett has binned him off for Vydra/Nugent up front instead.
That is mainly due to the fact the have completely changed their style of football and it no longer suits him, I would take him down here in a heartbeat and given he has't been as effective in Rowetts team perhaps we can get him on the cheap.

Its like the reverse of the Dicko situation if you ask me.

Got a funny feeling Jeff & Co have something up their sleeves, in terms of a big name striker. I reckon it'll be someone not mentioned yet and it'll come out of the blue, much like Neves.

I mean, they're not going to spend as much time & effort as they have in rebuilding the squad completely, only to sign Jordan Hugill...

As for Dicko, that's more or less confirmed. John Bray (of midlands today) has posted something along the lines of thanking Dave Edwards & Dicko for their contribution to Wolves, which has in turn been 'liked' by Danny Batth.

Got a funny feeling Jeff & Co have something up their sleeves, in terms of a big name striker. I reckon it'll be someone not mentioned yet and it'll come out of the blue, much like Neves.

I mean, they're not going to spend as much time & effort as they have in rebuilding the squad completely, only to sign Jordan Hugill...

As for Dicko, that's more or less confirmed. John Bray (of midlands today) has posted something along the lines of thanking Dave Edwards & Dicko for their contribution to Wolves, which has in turn been 'liked' by Danny Batth.

tend to agree with all of that

Back