• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Reading paid 3 mill for a 3 goals a season striker. Hull paid 3.5m for a 3 goals a season striker

Pre injury Fred has a point
Since injury, well Fred is on some strong Swedish shit.

Sounds like we have treated all our departures very fairly - they have dropped down the pecking order and it would have been churlish to hold onto them for the sake of higher transfer fees. Buying clubs would know, maybe even told, who is likely to be available so I doubt we were in a position to hold out for more money
..and it is good for the individual players to be able to leave with minimum fuss.

Anybody who thinks we haven't done good business in the transfer window overall is wrong.

hope i'm wrong, but can see Dicko recapturing his old form again this season. just hope the transfer doesn't come back and bite us on the arse.

hope i'm wrong, but can see Dicko recapturing his old form again this season. just hope the transfer doesn't come back and bite us on the arse.

What are you basing this on?

I've no doubt he'll score goals for Hull, but he doesn't suit our system and is not going to improve at his age to adapt to our style. From what I hear, he's got an excellent attitude and has given his all for Wolves, but a fresh start will do him well and I wish him well.

i'll reserve final judgement till i see who we buy, but feel that currently Dicko offers us an alternative off the bench. he can still play on the shoulder of last man and give us that bit of pace. he may not fit Nuno's style but we should have a plan B at all times.

i'll reserve final judgement till i see who we buy, but feel that currently Dicko offers us an alternative off the bench. he can still play on the shoulder of last man and give us that bit of pace. he may not fit Nuno's style but we should have a plan B at all times.

Dicko has not looked quick at all since his injury. Being out-paced by Ben Gibson isn't a good thing.

Would he?

He'd be a massive upgrade on Dicko for the pacey alternative that so many seem to be after but I don't see how he really fits in as first choice given the desire to have more of a link player as the focal point of that front three.

Would he?

He'd be a massive upgrade on Dicko for the pacey alternative that so many seem to be after but I don't see how he really fits in as first choice given the desire to have more of a link player as the focal point of that front three.

I'd agree with this we need more of a Harry Kane type than a Gayle type. We have pace in Cav and Costa if we wanted to knock the ball long and let them play off a central striker. I don't see it as the alternative we need.

That wouldn't get me excited in the slightest.

Effective at being a little shithouse maybe. Like a scummier Dickov.

I'd rather not sign anyone than sign Barnes.

Id rather we bought a right wing back or centre midfielder at this moment in time than a forward. I think Cav can play that role very well. If and when dicko leaves we will clearly bring on someone though.

I'd agree with this we need more of a Harry Kane type than a Gayle type. We have pace in Cav and Costa if we wanted to knock the ball long and let them play off a central striker. I don't see it as the alternative we need.

I think I mentioned somewhere yesterday but the only time I really see a pacey option being much use through the centre for this Wolves team is if they're holding onto a lead with the opponent throwing everything at them, then a pacey option to bring on as a direct threat on the counter might force the other team to keep another man back or not commit those extra few yards forward but for the most part the build up from Wolves is too patient to really create many opportunities where there is going to be a lot of space behind opponents for a pacey player to exploit. As you say there are other options for bringing pace through the centre in those sort of situations, we've already seen Cavaleiro used centrally this season, so I'm not sure it's worth having that option on the bench every game when you could use that space for a more versatile player instead.

Back