• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I had to look, didn't I.

Charles Ross should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, again on multiple levels.

The respect I had for Charles has slowly ebbed away, he's now the other side of level.

What a terrible article :icon_lol:

If you are going to make stuff up, at least get easy details like people's names right FFS!

I've called out Ian Herbert (apt name) on Twitter, very much doubt he'll respond though. They're getting their clicks and I suppose that's all they care about.

Odd way to live your life if you ask me, writing what is clearly bollocks because it'll get people angry. Each to their own.

I wouldn't actually mind if someone wrote a piece questioning the morality of Mendes as a whole, or overseas investment (not just Wolves), or how it skews football completely when there are big money takeovers. That's opinion. Don't write shit like that which is so incredibly shoddy. I gave up counting the factual errors let alone the outright fallacies.

The amount of high profile journalists who are getting the FFP rules wrong is unbelievable. I would be mortified if that was me and I submitted that article for public viewing

Where are the editors? American sports journalism isn't a great temple of integrity but I can't imagine an article getting printed here in which the author literally guesses at the salaries of players.

awful article,but I don't think the club has lost its soul,can't think of many other clubs our size where the chairman and managing director buy drinks in the pub for the fans,even if it was only for 30 minutes,they'd have been talked to as well about what's happening,as someone on here said before,mendes is an agent for rich clubs,we're a rich club

sorry, but all this is hardly summer transfer news - wrong thread.

I would say a story about a guy with a hand in our transfers is transfer related. Correct thread.

Even Tim thinks it's crap so it must be bad.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Indeed - Timmy has found his journalist bollocks

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
Don't really like to criticise other papers but that Mail piece is a hatchet job riddled with inaccuracies. Very poor.
to get Nuno and Jeff names wrong is amateur hour. Neves+Costa not on £80k a week. And most fans I speak to are excited, not concerned.

Although this a bit much
I won't link to story+am reluctant to even talk about it because it will just generate more clicks which is exactly what it was designed for

Sorry Timmy, that's exactly what your bosses want from your articles. So you can't have a pop at the clickbait angle

Meanwhile back at the ranch - or on the Rumours site
Tiquinho has signed
lump on Oumar Niasse from Everton
And Alan Nixon says we are signing Jordan Hugill - whoop!

Tiquinho is fit now (just missed out on the Porto squad last week) so keep an eye on their team tonight. Not involved then it would suggest something is happening with him

Tiquinho Soares is perhaps the most likely, Niasse has always looked a bit rubbish and Hugill isn't very good (but has scored a lot more than our strikers over the last year). Very interested to see who, if anyone, we get in before September 1st

hoping for Tiquinho Soares

‪@SPQR_10 has woken up to a fair few notifications on Twitter this morning!

Charles Ross is a decent enough bloke but lives in the dinosaur era..

Hugill couldn't trap a wet bag of cement, the least likely forward to fit into Nuno's system I can think of.

Don't know anything about the other two.

Back