• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

BIG thank you to Dangerous Dave for his contribution for us for a number of years...good luck at Reading

People on twitter saying he deserved to stay and have a testimonial, I say he deserves playing time and continued caps for Wales.

I think I know which he would prefer, as well, and he wouldn't have got it here.

Real end of an era stuff, for me at least - I'm young enough to only really have started following the team properly at the tail end of Hoddle, and when McCarthy came in. Edwards leaving means only Ikeme left of that generation of players at the club, and we sadly don't even know if he'll be coming back either.

Thanks for your years of service and professionalism, but time to move on for both Wolves and Dave (and probably a little late also)

Will get a warm reception from me next time we play against Reading.

He's a nice guy and the testimonial money would have gone to a good place (nothing to stop us making one of the friendlies next year his game if we really want to). That isn't enough to merit him staying.

He should have gone years ago and this season in particular he had nothing to offer. I'm not sure about the "good service" thing, no-one ever bid for him and we kept handing him contracts. I think most people would have taken that deal.

All the very best to David Edwards on his move to Reading. In terms of improving our squad, this transfer window has been sensational.

Cheers for the years of service Dave. I am sure you will always get a decent reception when you pitch up here in future.

Mate of mine (yeah, I know) says that Tiquinho is a done deal and that we can expect A N Other from Sporting. Medeiros?

That's fair, Quirk, but Neves was said to have a €36M release clause in his contract.....

Dave Edwards and George Saville signed contracts here inside the last 12 months.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20170826-farewell-eddo/

An awful article on many, many levels but two choice quotes:

Edwards deserved a bigger profile. He was a special player in a workmanlike McCarthy team but his problem with that he didn't have a name like 'Edwardsio' and he wasn't born in Spain He was signed from Luton and not Levante.

Er, no. The problem was that he looked like a Luton Town player most of the time.

A box-to-box midfielder who can also pick a pass, threading a ball through the eye of the proverbial needle.

I'd love to know when this was as I appear to have missed it at some point over the last decade.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20170826-farewell-eddo/

An awful article on many, many levels but two choice quotes:eek:

Er, no. The problem was that he looked like a Luton Town player most of the time.

I'd love to know when this was as I appear to have missed it at some point over the last decade.

Literally just read this, it was beyond cringeworthy.

I do think there's a subtle dig at Spiers though getting the Birmingham Mail to offer their thoughts on Edwards. It pretty much confirms the E&S are well and truly locked out looking in.

I'd also like to know how he was a "special" player in Mick's "workmanlike" team when by and large he was kept out of the starting XI by much better players. He started 51/122 league games in his first three full seasons here, Jones/Henry/Milijas and later O'Hara were ahead of him.

If you think that's bad, don't read the daily mail website tonight...

You know me. I can't go to bed without my dose of right wing xenophobic lunacy and pictures of scantily clad "grown up" 14 year old girls.

I think I'll give it a miss this time though.

Back