• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

We are said to be favourites with Villa to sign former Atletico Madrid and Villareal playmaker Gabriel Kunda Jr who is a free agent. Once tipped as a future world star his progress has been halted by various injuries and disciplinary problems

Kunda is a made up player. This is quite literally #fakenews that the E&S and Birmingham Mail have swallowed.

Douglas has stated that he signed primarily because we want to play football. He points to Nuno, and also the technical ability at the club.

Tim has tweeted that Nuno wants a striker whose key attribute is to link play with one-touch passes and sees this as his key signing of the summer, so much so he's prepared to wait for the right player and won't be rushed.

GOOD

As long as he doesn't wait too long & run out of time - it's the one real weakness left

Another RWB would be useful, but slightly less critical - Marshall could play there when fit & Doherty is less of a risk in that position than as an out and out FB

Kunda is a made up player. This is quite literally #fakenews that the E&S and Birmingham Mail have swallowed.

I follow Zambian football pretty closely and have never heard of him, definitely trumpesque news

Is it possible that we're in for Gael Kakuba and someone made a (admittedly daft) mistake?

Who's Gael Kakuba? Is he related to Gabby Kunda Jr ;)
Alright, you got me in that one.

Kakuba was former Chelsea player IIRC. Spent the last couple of seasons in Spain.

Portuguese media says Jota deal is done for 2 days now.

So about this player: this is the best signing so far. Jota is a super talent. Imo he will outshine Neves, make no mistake. He can play on both the wings or as a forward (on a 2 forwards formation though as the second man). He was Porto's best player last season.

Quite honestly, i would have Jota in Benfica sqaud without hesitation. I dont say the same about Neves so that is how high i rate Jota.

Cheers SLB, been looking forward to your view

Much welcome Sir.

About Aboubakar he was again in Porto starting 11 and scored. Unless Porto is still in high need of money i dont see them selling him...

Much welcome Sir.

About Aboubakar he was again in Porto starting 11 and scored. Unless Porto is still in high need of money i dont see them selling him...
Any word on Marega?

Any word on Marega?

He had some minutes but was quite poor. Fans hate him so i highly doubt they will keep him. However, there are some talks about him being part of Henrique deal. He did well at Guimarães last year so im sure they would not mind having him again.

For the player its not bad either. Its a big club and will have european football this season.

So about this player: this is the best signing so far. Jota is a super talent. Imo he will outshine Neves, make no mistake. He can play on both the wings or as a forward (on a 2 forwards formation though as the second man). He was Porto's best player last season.

Quite honestly, i would have Jota in Benfica sqaud without hesitation. I dont say the same about Neves so that is how high i rate Jota.
You just got me very excited very much appreciate the continued feedback! [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wow now that is exciting!

Muito obrigado pela sua contribuição, SLB!

Jota does look good. Noticed he was hitting it with both feet. Love a 2 footer, hope he is one :)

Back