• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I still want a CM, greedy bastard that I am.
Me too. Just to make sure Edwards never starts. An attacking CM who can also play the No. 10 role if needed would be nice.

Can we just buy Gylfi Sigurdsson for £50m please Fosun?

Nah, not really stepping on my turf.

Jesus

His line about impressing your friends by using amortisation makes it sound like some form of magic.

It is fucking basic accountancy

Tbf I'd never heard of the word till on here. On I guess it's light hearted humour (the strength of which is debatable)

Having brought it up at work several times I often get blank stares. I doubt many people know what it is.

Is that the same fancast that usually gets posted on here by fancastdave?

I must have mentioned it a fair few times on here when I've been wittering on about football finance. Evidently no-one actually reads what I say :D

I guess intangible assets aren't seen that often on your typical balance sheet, so it's probably not a term used that often. Depreciation on fixed assets is more common.

Then again unless you are (or have been) involved in that world its not a word in common everyday usage

It isn't just accounting though. Anybody who's been involved in any sort of procurement or in charge of any project management should know about it.

As Paddy says, it's pretty basic stuff.

It isn't just accounting though. Anybody who's been involved in any sort of procurement or in charge of any project management should know about it.

As Paddy says, it's pretty basic stuff.

I guess the word amortising is, but relating it to football probably isn't.

I used to use it in mortgage repayment calculations a fair bit.

I appreciate that, but I guess the majority of people only look at SME accounts, if any at all.

they'll know what depreciation is presumably. allocate the cost over the useful life of an asset. allocate the fee over the period of the contract.

I appreciate that, but I guess the majority of people only look at SME accounts, if any at all.

My business is tiny and we have both.

I have a problem with people looking down their nose at people that have bothered to educate themselves. It's a race to be the most stupid.

My business is tiny and we have both.

I have a problem with people looking down their nose at people that have bothered to educate themselves. It's a race to be the most stupid.

You will have because your business has IP, copyrights, etc.

I feel the opposite, I don't like the idea that people, who in general will be manual workers, are expected to know about accountancy.

You will have because your business has IP, copyrights, etc.

I feel the opposite, I don't like the idea that people, who in general will be manual workers, are expected to know about accountancy.

I can understand the general populace not understanding the concept, that's fine.

Football journalists who don't get it should hang their heads in shame.

Back