• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Was JDB undisclosed when we signed him? Wonder if we made a profit? Not that it's really relevant tbh...

Was JDB undisclosed when we signed him? Wonder if we made a profit? Not that it's really relevant tbh...

Everything we do is undisclosed but he was about £1m. Which is about what he's worth.

I don't care really, FFP is not really relevant to us (as I will detail this week in an article) and I just wanted him gone.

Everything we do is undisclosed but he was about £1m. Which is about what he's worth.

I don't care really, FFP is not really relevant to us (as I will detail this week in an article) and I just wanted him gone.

Is it basically because we either won't be in this division so it won't matter or if we need to we sell Costa/neves and we're square?

Is it basically because we either won't be in this division so it won't matter or if we need to we sell Costa/neves and we're square?

Like I've said numerous times (Maybe not on here?), We could sell Batth to Porto for £50m, buy a shit player off Porto for £50m, no money changes hands and both teams make £40m profit.

Fosun could also sponsor Man City for £100m and Emirates sponsor us for £100m.

Don't ruin my piece before I've written it ;)

Me neither, but if the quoted amount is true, trebling his value over 1 season is really something, given both goals.

If both buying & selling prices are accurate then that's £666,666.67 pence profit per goal

The thing to remember from an FFP point of view is this: (hopefully Spiers is watching)

If a team SELLS a player, that player value comes off the books immediately. So the whole fee to be received counts immediately for FFP, even if there are increments in the payment (not add ons - just if the transfer fee is split over seasons). In addition if you sell a player part way through a contract then the wages they haven't received drop back in to the calculation in your favour. IE - 5 YEAR deal at £40k a week and you sell after the second year - imediately 3 years of £40k a week is in the bank from an FFP point of view (ie - £6m)

If a team BUYS a player then the cost of the transfer fee is amortised over the length of their contract. So you sign a £15m player on a five year deal, he costs £3m a year.

On top of that FFP is a rolling three year calculation. So Mr £15m above never EVER features in terms of fee as more than a £9m player (before wages)

The thing to remember from an FFP point of view is this: (hopefully Spiers is watching)

If a team SELLS a player, that player value comes off the books immediately. So the whole fee to be received counts immediately for FFP, even if there are increments in the payment (not add ons - just if the transfer fee is split over seasons). In addition if you sell a player part way through a contract then the wages they haven't received drop back in to the calculation in your favour. IE - 5 YEAR deal at £40k a week and you sell after the second year - imediately 3 years of £40k a week is in the bank from an FFP point of view (ie - £6m)

If a team BUYS a player then the cost of the transfer fee is amortised over the length of their contract. So you sign a £15m player on a five year deal, he costs £3m a year.

On top of that FFP is a rolling three year calculation. So Mr £15m above never EVER features in terms of fee as more than a £9m player (before wages)
You wouldn't get wages back on a sale would you?

The only time I remember that happening was with the bomb squad as they did the accounts fiddle of showing that they'd all had their contracts paid up upon relegation to League 1.

You haven't paid a contractual obligation that previously existed in the books as a future bill.

Doesn't really apply in football accounts. They don't budget for what might be on the books in three years time, not in an accounting sense. Each year more or less runs in isolation. Unless of course, as Mark says, you pull some funny shit (though it means you take an almighty paper hit as you write down assets with a book value of zero).

Basically everything is in the clubs' favour with FFP, or at least how it's been eventually fudged to this point. You do well to fail it. Villa might because their transfer policy is an absolute shambles, but even then it'll take a while to catch up with them. It's an irrelevance as far as Wolves are concerned really.

Linked to Lucas Joao (Joao Lucas?) on loan from Wednesday.

Dan won't like that.

The other thing about Villa is they've bought players at the top of their value at least whilst they remain in the Championship, so their route to escape FFP should they need to isn't as obvious as ours. Take McCormack as an example, they paid for him roughly what we did for Costa, yet he's already worth at best half of that, whereas there is only serious injury which would prevent us from getting our money back on Costa or Neves as a worse case anytime we wanted to. Spending £5m on a one year contract for Terry is good business if he gets them up, if he doesn't it's just dead money though.

Linked to Lucas Joao (Joao Lucas?) on loan from Wednesday.

Dan won't like that.

Hasn't that come from one of those speculative Wolves should sign this player pieces in HITC? In other words it's a load of bollocks.

I thought Joao looked a real handful at Molineux he really bullied Stearman.

Spoke to a Wednesday supporting friend about it afterwards who said he'll have a game like that 1 in 10 but he's immensely frustrating/infuriating for the remaining 9.

Back