• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Shit happens. Stay positive. It is a position where we do have some cover already.

Marshall and Zyro can both play wide right...I know they aren't Helder but they can play in that position and ain't exactly Matt Doherty level of shit!

Carl Jenkinson on loan for RB? He's been left at home by Arsenal for their pre-season tour, and has been made available for sale.

The Afobe rumour will not go away. Bournemouth want £10m for him though. I am not sure how much Wolves value him at?

Carl Jenkinson on loan for RB? He's been left at home by Arsenal for their pre-season tour, and has been made available for sale.
Yeah why not..good shout on Jenko

They won't loan him out again if they can help it. They've gone down that road often enough and no-one is taking the bait to go on to pay money for him. I'm not sure I can get on board with having someone with such a small face in our squad.

If the price for Afobe is £10m then we should go for it. I suspect Bournemouth want a lot more than that because they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

They won't loan him out again if they can help it. They've gone down that road often enough and no-one is taking the bait to go on to pay money for him. I'm not sure I can get on board with having someone with such a small face in our squad.

If the price for Afobe is £10m then we should go for it. I suspect Bournemouth want a lot more than that because they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Not sure it's cloud cuckoo lands so much as general inflation in the striker market. Plus the 'Kodjia went for £15m' market. And everyone knows we're not short of a few quid...

Not sure it's cloud cuckoo lands so much as general inflation in the striker market. Plus the 'Kodjia went for £15m' market. And everyone knows we're not short of a few quid...

He's worth what someone will pay for him. As I've said, he's done nothing to suggest his value has gone up in the time since he left Wolves. Quite the opposite.

He's worth what someone will pay for him. As I've said, he's done nothing to suggest his value has gone up in the time since he left Wolves. Quite the opposite.

I am in your camp on this. Afobe has not done anything at Bournemouth. Even if they have been smoking the crack pipe I still think if we waved a 10 mil cheque at them for long enough they would take it.

Football League Zone‏ @TheFLZone 2m2 minutes ago
More
Wolves are close to signing Cambridge United goalkeeper Will Norris. #wwfc #CamUTD
If this happens then it could see Harry being loaned out for the season. I know nothing about this lad, though.

Will Norris is apparently joining from Cambridge. Goalkeeper.

As backup to Ruddy the Elder, says Spiers. I imagine that means Burgoyne will be loaned out, and Ruddy the Younger will be main keeper for the U23s and third choice for the senior squad.

As backup to Ruddy the Elder, says Spiers. I imagine that means Burgoyne will be loaned out, and Ruddy the Younger will be main keeper for the U23s and third choice for the senior squad.

Comfortable with that.

Burgoyne needs to go out on loan somewhere for a season, really. For a 20-year old he hasn't got as much experience as Hennessey, Ikeme et al had at his age.

Maybe loan Harry back out to Cambridge United if we're buying their first choice keeper? League 2 would be a good level for him to learn at.

Maybe loan Harry back out to Cambridge United if we're buying their first choice keeper? League 2 would be a good level for him to learn at.

Very much so. As I mentioned last week, I don't want us loaning players out to Telford, that will do nothing for them.

He needs Football League games and fast, if it doesn't happen then I don't think he'll make much of a career. Then it'll be sink or swim for him if he does get a move. I'm not sure he did brilliantly at Barnet last year but that was a very short term thing.

Will Norris is apparently joining from Cambridge. Goalkeeper.

So we sign a 23yr old keeper from a Lge 2 side, and send 22yr old Jon Flatt on loan to another Lge 2 side.

What message could Flatt glean from this?

Back