• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

He struggled to last 60 minutes when HSV had him (the second time around) and it's now two years since he left. Wonderful footballer but no (and it's made up rubbish anyway). You may as well have us sign Ruud Gullit.

Would love an experienced player to come in similar to the Jones era but ideally someone that can still run, loving the rumours though keep em coming!!

John Terry would have been good. Even if he is a knob.

I'd have loved Carrick but the handsome bastard is staying at United (who does he think he is)

Rooney is available but limiting his options by only wanting to sign for Everton.

A shame really as he would be good competition for Dave for the Number 10 role for next season.

Fat Ronaldo looked good V Roma the other day, sign him up.

John terry's a terrible signing for Villa - he can barely move, let alone play well for 46 odd games.

I liked the comments of Steve Bruce - “The lads will look up to him, especially the younger ones – learn from him, learn how to handle themselves.”

They'll be at each other wives and girlfriends before long but will know how to defend themselves when the fists start flying because it!

They can Fuck off then

heres the translation
Benfica plans to enter the management of a Premier League club mid-table, albeit "with limitations." The idea, explained by Domingos Soares Oliveira to 'Forbes' - who publishes a long work on Rui Vitoria and the incarnated ones - passes to take advantage of the lode of the televising rights.

The incarnated SAD manager says: a club that has now entered the English league will receive 120 million euros. "When money is a lot, people are less concerned about optimizing their business volume. We have a 10, 15 year experience in which, without money, we had to optimize our model, Benfica is a company that is finally able to reduce the leverage made on debt to build the model we currently have, "he told the magazine, explaining that the idea is to export the model used in Luz and" print growth and profitability " To the emblem of the Premier League that, without changing the name, would show the brand "Powered by Benfica".

All of our links to these other clubs basically come from Jorge Mendes. That's it.

Jorge Mendes will help Fosun bring good players to Molineux, along with a network of other scouts and contacts. It is mutually beneficial for both Mendes & Fosun to be successful.

But when you start talking about "Benfica managing Wolves", or some of the other ludicrous suggestions I've read on here/elsewhere recently, you just look a bit stupid.

All of our links to these other clubs basically come from Jorge Mendes. That's it.

Jorge Mendes will help Fosun bring good players to Molineux, along with a network of other scouts and contacts. It is mutually beneficial for both Mendes & Fosun to be successful.

But when you start talking about "Benfica managing Wolves", or some of the other ludicrous suggestions I've read on here/elsewhere recently, you just look a bit stupid.

I dont even understand what "Powered by Benfica" means to be...

All this talk and no substance reminds me of the hunt for Talisca last season.

No thank you on VDV. While he's still a superior technical player, he'd have to be subbed off every single match and lacked pace when I watched him with Hamburg. There's also the issue that everything feels like it needs to go through him and that is wildly unproductive at this level.

I've no doubt our nickname among the window lickers next season will anyway be Benfica B, or some such. Still, at least there wouldn't be a language problem.

All this talk and no substance reminds me of the hunt for Talisca last season.

Oh no. We've not signed an unlikely target a day before the earliest day any of the rumours said.

It's such a disaster. Oh no, how ever are we going to cope with this.

I'm surprised we haven't been linked to anyone at Valencia or in La Liga yet as Nuno used to manage there as well. Surely he'd know some decent players for this league who are struggling for game time in Spain?

Back