• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

A young footballer that wants to play, and he will play at Wolves as the current midfield has accepted they will be better washing his car.

If you look at how Costa developed last season I think there is a strong argument a season in the Championship has prepared him well for the step up to the premier league. Neves can get that same experience (being kicked from pillar to post in the freezing cold at Portman Road) and benefit in the same way. I also fully expect Cav to be miles better this season for the experience.

If we don't go up and he's as epic as we think then we sell him for a profit and wish him well.

Just can't see where this goes wrong?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I am with you on this. Dictionary definition of win win. Just do it!

Barcelona have asked Uncle Jorge to find a new club for Arda Turan... ;)

Hmm not easy. A name too big to place in the Dumpster... Well last time it was our turn with Taraabt so now its yours... or Valencia... or Zenit.

Speaking of the Dumpster, wasnt Pele linked with you at some point? He was just sent to the Dumpster on a 5 year deal i believe. You are safe.

Everything that was reported in the Portuguese press was that he would "travel Monday for a Tuesday medical"
He's just back from U21 duty and, if the pictures are to be believed, he was at a wedding on Saturday sporting a very snazzy grey/yellow combo so there was no way he was due over last Friday.

Also, if you are suggesting above (he will go to a second league) that the "delay" (there isn't one) is because he has to get the details of a loan move elsewhere once he signs for us I would like to say... Absolutely no way are Fosun and Wolves going to spend £16m on a player and then farm him out on loan to another club. It doesn't work like that over here unless you are Man City, Chelsea or Spurs, have bought a possible wonder kid and allow him to spend the season with their old club, as Spurs did with Alli from MK Dons.
I'm sorry but your hatred of Mendes is clouding your understanding of how our link with him works. Yes we will be linked with players we have no right being linked to but the whole idea is to get Wolves into the top division and then to push on. That means if we do sign top quality players, they will be the ones who get us up

Its not hate pal. Trust me. Give it time and then come back to the subject. If you want to play with Mendes you play by his rules and his rules only. Maybe you can get your share if you are a good charmain and learn to behave and shut your mouth when being told. But thats about it.

By the way... Have you guys seen who is the agent of the majority of the players accused of tax evasion in Spain? Coincidence for sure...

Ruben Nevés will not be coming to Wolves.
200.gif

Its not hate pal. Trust me. Give it time and then come back to the subject. If you want to play with Mendes you play by his rules and his rules only. Maybe you can get your share if you are a good charmain and learn to behave and shut your mouth when being told. But thats about it.

By the way... Have you guys seen who is the agent of the majority of the players accused of tax evasion in Spain? Coincidence for sure...
Not sure if you know,but fosun(our owners) own a percentage of Mendez agency, so I assume they have a small say in what goes on,if he gets as bad as you say,they'll just sell their stake in his company

I don't doubt at some stage there may be some dodgy dealings involving Mendes (not necessarily illegal but stretching the rules) if you look at the declared agent fees for us from last season it doesn't read right.

To be honest I couldn't give a monkeys as long as the club don't get into trouble. As far as I can see his influence so far has been pretty positive and it could be argued that the majority of the mistakes of last season had little to do with Mendes.

The fact we are even talking about Neves let alone confidently speaking of him joining us is proof to me that we are very lucky to have him part of our club.

Fosun are in charge here and I fully believe any signings coming in will be to contribute to our success this season nothing more.

Ever since the takeover the transfer rumours have been so much more fun to read, we don't seem to be saying "oh god please not Neves"

We will see but I'm already sold on the relationship and wonder if we are signing Neves in the Championship who would we sign if we went up with our pals help??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As I said to Fielden on Twitter, we could in theory sell Batth to Porto for £50m buy a shit Porto player for £50m on a 5 year deal and have £40m profit in the accounts with no money changing hands. That's about as dodgy as it will get.

Whoever ends up here (or not) the quality of the rumours has increased exponentially

Has livened up the dead period between seasons

The only game I got to last year was Forest at the end of the season. Felt like Assombalonga had an off day, wasn't that impressed...

The only game I got to last year was Forest at the end of the season. Felt like Assombalonga had an off day, wasn't that impressed...
Batth knows how to deal with him. Had him in his pocket when he played at Peterborough. He got done once at Molineux v Forest early doors but that was it.

He hasn't looked after himself very well. Tubby at the back end of last season.

They'll want close to (or possibly more than) £10m for him, he doesn't even average 20 starts a season since he joined Forest. I can't see us taking that risk, someone else might.

Agree. A better option than Dicko but I'd want an out and out goalscorer too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He was brilliant in their last game against Ipswich, they had no clue how to deal with his pace, power and shooting ability.

Back