• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Welcome TJSF and Bfan....Had you heard of Wolves over there before the last few weeks? ;)

As a Porto fan, all this Benfica stuff is making me ill.:icon_wink:

As long as we don't sign any duds I guess I'll have to get over it. Teixiera has already taken me some way there.

Welcome TJSF & Bfan.

Teixeira is quality, keep them coming!

Teixeira great player can shine playing 4-3-3 most offensive player on the field carrying game for the offensive line

Costa-player to play left wing or right, very fast but often disappears from the game, promising young player who need game time.

Silvio- good defense left or right but who has a problem with injuries in his career, if he can be in his best physical capacity, will be a good solution.

Maybe I messed up, I'll say again. Luisão is captain since at least 2007, a very important player in and out of the locker-room. He's 35 and he can't perform as expected. He did great with Jorge Jesus but struggled with the change to Rui Vitória. Then he got injured and he lost his place to Lisandro Lopez and Lindelof. He relies on tactical awareness, experience and has good aerial dominance. On the other he's slow and has lost agility. His on the top of our payroll alongside Jonas, about €3M a year.

About Teixeira, he used him as a central midfielder in a 442, he struggled there, couldn't control the tempo, or defend properly. He need a player that his strong physically and push the ball forward, and he couldn't do either good enough. He should have been loaned before but the club didn't loan him, and then he got injured, so his development stopped. He don't play him as a winger because he have much better quality there.

Wow, harsh! Then again, I guess you need a bit more in the Primeira Liga than we do in the Championship. So far, Teixeira looks to be in a class above the opposition he's faced here.

Luisao - player with a lot of experience a veteran with great leadership has great capacity to lead the defense of the team, is not in his best physically capacity, but it will be a major upgrade in your defense

Welcome to the forum guys! And welcome to one of the most exciting times in our recent history. You are in for one hell of a ride. Can we have a bf keeper as well please? Our current number one is fine at stopping anything close to 18 yards but pretty much every punt from 40 yards sails past him! I think he is very short sighted and doesn't see it til too late

Wow, harsh! Then again, I guess you need a bit more in the Primeira Liga than we do in the Championship. So far, Teixeira looks to be in a class above the opposition he's faced here.
He does have talent, he just didn't show it while playing here. But playing as a winger is much easier for him, he's asked a lot less than as a central midfielder in a 442. Play him there and see if matches your expectations.

and people want to replace him with Joe Hart......

Ooh harsh! Hart is still a quality keeper he just needed a kick up the arse . Lonergan and Ikeme are decent enough on their day but the latter's 2016 form has not been good enough.

Back