• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

"What a shocking and ill informed 'article. For a start the takeover price was £30m and not £45m. Secondly a deal had been struck for Wolves to buy Sylla for £2.3m before the takeover and whilst Jackett was manager. Consequently would Wolves still be after Sylla or would they now be shopping in a different level of store? If they were still after him would they pay more than double what had been agreed only about a month ago? Clearly not. Like I said an absolutely appalling and ill-informed piece of journalism."

Welcome to the forum. Lisbon is a fantastic city, and it's great have some of your club's exports, and maybe some more to come. (Luisao here would be just surreal.) What's the feeling there about those players? Are we getting a good deal? (We think we are, obviously :)) Stick around. Hopefully you'll be able to watch some of our televised games and give us a neutral's opinion.

Thanks. Yes, Lisbon is great and Luisão could do well. I've describe the signings already, but it's subject to admin approval.

Hopefully should be approved now - I clicked on it in moderation tools so it should be visible.

Thanks. Yes, Lisbon is great and Luisão could do well. I've describe the signings already, but it's subject to admin approval.

Hopefully should be approved now - I clicked on it in moderation tools so it should be visible.

Should be fine now and not need any further approval when you post. Welcome, btw.

Ooooooo we have our very own Portuguese dude on TWF. BREAKING NEWS lulz...

The fact Williamson wasn't given a squad number would indicate a serious injury he has picked up since recovering from his Hamstring issue. I predict a press release in the next few weeks announcing his retirement or his contract has been cancelled.

Told you all so LULZ...

Im back to hitting the F5 key over and over again I will get a repetitive strain injury at this rate.

Maybe I messed up, I'll say again. Luisão is captain since at least 2007, a very important player in and out of the locker-room. He's 35 and he can't perform as expected. He did great with Jorge Jesus but struggled with the change to Rui Vitória. Then he got injured and he lost his place to Lisandro Lopez and Lindelof. He relies on tactical awareness, experience and has good aerial dominance. On the other he's slow and has lost agility. His on the top of our payroll alongside Jonas, about €3M a year.

About Teixeira, he used him as a central midfielder in a 442, he struggled there, couldn't control the tempo, or defend properly. He need a player that his strong physically and push the ball forward, and he couldn't do either good enough. He should have been loaned before but the club didn't loan him, and then he got injured, so his development stopped. He don't play him as a winger because he have much better quality there.

Welcome to the forum TJSF. :)
Thanks. I'll talk about Silvio now. His shocking he passed a medical at Wolves, unless he does a 180, he'll spend most of the time injured. He's a Paulo Ferreira type of left-back. Hélder Costa is another run of the mill winger, tricky, some goals, disappears most of the time. He could do well or he could flop, wouldn't hold my breath.

Welcome to our forum. I think we may see a few Benfica fans on here as our clubs relationship develops. I really hope there are pre-season friendlies in Lisbon as I think I might just have to go to that. Never ticked A Catedral off my list of grounds to visit and it looks glorious.

I hope it will be the beginning of a good friendship if you want to know something about the players spoken to you from the Benfica please ask

Back