• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Surprised that, apart from Byrne, no rumours of players leaving.

Also pretty sure that Luisao coming means Mike Williamson's career here is over, injury or not, while Ebanks-Landell should well be looking to leave unless he likes playing reserve games for the rest of his contract.

The fact Williamson wasn't given a squad number would indicate a serious injury he has picked up since recovering from his Hamstring issue. I predict a press release in the next few weeks announcing his retirement or his contract has been cancelled.

I kinda of hope we sell Danny Bath aswell

I said on Saturday to Deutsch, if Grant Hanley is worth £5M to Newcastle, surely we could convince some poor buggers to splash £6-7M on Batth.

I have a question how the hell isnt Tex in ur starting eleven ?
He didn't perform to our expectations. He always hid from the game and struggled to control the tempo of play. He play in a 442 and he was the center midfield, and that player needs to be a little like Renato Sanches. Can't be pushed around, has to aid the defensive midfield and drive the ball forward, he couldn't do that.
Tbh, it's not it's fault, he should have been loaned two years ago, he spent them in Benfica B and that stopped his development.

I said on Saturday to Deutsch, if Grant Hanley is worth £5M to Newcastle, surely we could convince some poor buggers to splash £6-7M on Batth.

I hope Villa buy him lol they seem to like to spend lots of money on useless players :)

2m euro tax free in the link I put up

It's about £30K per week. Still not top of the pile in the championship I would guess, it's still a lot mind you.

I'd add that if we get him for nothing then Mason will cost more than Luisao over the next 2 season factoring in his transfer fee.

Welcome TJSF. Always useful to hear from supporters from transfer targeted clubs.

If this does come off, i'd imagine it'd be our most high profile signing since Andy Gray?

I bet Charles Ross is gutted at the prospect of Luisao signing.

I bet Charles Ross is gutted at the prospect of Luisao signing.

I think he's still spitting blood about our so called appalling treatment of KJ.
Seems to be because he talks posh every local media outlet takes his word as gospel.

Forgot to mention Talisca, if you guys like Tex, then Talisca would be a fan favourite. Great shot, good vision and good free-kick taker. Doesn't like to defend much, so can only be used as third man in a 433.

I keep saying it, no-one's going to want the players we'd like to sell. They aren't fit for purpose for anything other than bottom end dross in this division or top 6-8 teams in League One, and none of those clubs are going to be capable of matching the money they're on at Wolves. Except Newcastle lulz.

Some of them, I agree, but even then you'd think we'd be able to ship a few of them out on loan. Can be a bad thing to have a lot of players sitting around with no prospect of game time, replaced by more expensive new acquisitions.

Just for my own edification, I've looked up how long the Jackett-era team's contracts have left to run....

Ending summer 2017 (no extra year option): Edwards, Henry, Williamson, Batth, Ikeme
Ending summer 2017 (with extra year option): Saville, Evans, Price, Ebanks-Landell
Ending summer 2018 (no extra year option): Lonergan, Coady, Wallace, Hause
Ending summer 2018 (with extra year option): Byrne, Doherty, Graham [his is actually a two year option]
Ending summer 2019 (no extra year option): Mason, Iorfa, Zyro

Glad I looked these up, actually - that's half of Jackett's squad we'll be able to jettison in a year's time if we need to, and who you'd think the club might be open to letting go earlier, in January, if it's clear they're not needed longer-term. The only real annoyances there are Coady and Doherty being stuck here until 2018.

I expect that we'll know by November or so who's going to survive and who isn't when new contracts start getting negotiated.

Oh yeah - Mail is also now reporting we've given up on Chris Martin and instead switched back to trying to sign Sylla from Anderlecht. £5m bid.

Linked with Sylla again.

EDIT: Beat me to it

Benfica fan here. Seems like Wolves is building a connection with Benfica.

Welcome to the forum. Lisbon is a fantastic city, and it's great have some of your club's exports, and maybe some more to come. (Luisao here would be just surreal.) What's the feeling there about those players? Are we getting a good deal? (We think we are, obviously :)) Stick around. Hopefully you'll be able to watch some of our televised games and give us a neutral's opinion.

Back