• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I have no idea who may be joining Wolves, but based on last night I would say the midfield is the priority.

Prince Oniangue sounds like just the signing we need to bolster the midfield (I'm going by reports I've read - never seen him play myself).

Our strongest line up with everyone fit will be a vast improvement on last night. And it'll be unrecognisable to the XIs we'll put out towards the back end of the season.

wdia_grande.jpg

A Bola saying that there is no chance for Luisão to join Wolves.

What is that saying about West Brom there?

I was just thinking "haven't heard anything on the Talisca front for a few days" - now seems Besiktas are in for him.

Oh well, was nice while it lasted!

I'm assuming Mendes is Luisao's agent (?) but if neither Luisao or Talisca come to Wolves it's clear that Mendes is using Wolves to drum up interest in his want away players, Mendes will of course have the Portuguese press eating out of his hands.

Also, as Fosun have a stake in Mendes's business, perhaps they are ok with Mendes using Wolves as a "come get me", as it helps a business they are invested in.

I don't think we need Ola John.

The Reading fans didn't rate him when he was there either.

I'm assuming Mendes is Luisao's agent (?) but if neither Luisao or Talisca come to Wolves it's clear that Mendes is using Wolves to drum up interest in his want away players, Mendes will of course have the Portuguese press eating out of his hands.

Also, as Fosun have a stake in Mendes's business, perhaps they are ok with Mendes using Wolves as a "come get me", as it helps a business they are invested in.

Both Luisao and Talisca *will* be leaving the Benfica this season - their manager has openly told them to find new clubs, Talisca's not been involved in pre-season, Luisao's had the captaincy taken away from him.

It's just whether it is us. Find it a bit weird that he'd use Wolves to get interest in his players, though - why does he need to be personally involved in a club to start a rumour about one of his players moving there? Only thing that could make sense to me is he waits for Wolves to make an absurd contract offer, and then take that to the club he really wants Player X to sign for and ask for them to beat it.

But then you'd think, if he has such a good thing going with Fosun invested in his agency, he'd not jeopardize that relationship by so obviously trying to rinse them for some extra money...

I love that in the second pic in that Sun article Mario still hasn't got the hang of training bibs...

Balotelli at Wolves! :icon_lol:

I don't know what's funnier - the prospect or the craziness of the rumour!

I don't think we need Ola John.

The Reading fans didn't rate him when he was there either.
Agreed, we arent using Wallace and Henry mainly Henry as a main winger type, so when Dicko is fit he'll take over Mason which will mean a front three of Tex, Dicko and Bod and we will have Graham to fit into that either side as well. No need for another winger because Henry will be good enough to be a squad player as well..

I was just thinking "haven't heard anything on the Talisca front for a few days" - now seems Besiktas are in for him.

Oh well, was nice while it lasted!

Yeah this seems to be picking up pace. I was really hoping he'd come here, but you could hardly blame him - Champions League over Championship isn't exactly a difficult decision. Ah well - assuming he does go there, who else can we splash out £20m on?

Both Luisao and Talisca *will* be leaving the Benfica this season - their manager has openly told them to find new clubs, Talisca's not been involved in pre-season, Luisao's had the captaincy taken away from him.

It's just whether it is us. Find it a bit weird that he'd use Wolves to get interest in his players, though - why does he need to be personally involved in a club to start a rumour about one of his players moving there? Only thing that could make sense to me is he waits for Wolves to make an absurd contract offer, and then take that to the club he really wants Player X to sign for and ask for them to beat it.

But then you'd think, if he has such a good thing going with Fosun invested in his agency, he'd not jeopardize that relationship by so obviously trying to rinse them for some extra money...

Who's to say Fosun aren't ok with it? They own a stake in that business after all and him moving players gets a few quid in for them too.

Also Mendes link with Wolves adds weight to any story that is manufactured, as people automatically think of the "Mendes link".

To be honest, at E20-25 million they can keep him. That is a vastly inflated value and if we are splashing record fees I'd rather we went for someone with a proven track record

Back