• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

During transfer windows yes. I expect once it closes there will be more access again.

Think its £2m over 2 years so not that bad. Doyle was earning more.

Net you moron, the taxman takes a chunk of your salary.

Doyle was a star performer for us in the Premier League, not a has been getting a Mendes engineered last pay check.

Up until three weeks ago Andy Lonergan was our only summer signing. Only three weeks! Feels like a lifetime since we were all resigned to scraping around for free transfers for reinforcements with the parachute money gone.

Silvio and Luisao are both free signings. Neither would have been sanctioned by another club, except perhaps Valencia.

Reports say he's getting £2m tax free.

Reports say he's getting £2m tax free.

By top end Championship standards now that's still not extravagant (of course back in the real world it's ludicrous money). I bet Derby are paying the likes of Johnson/Ince more than that. Newcastle will definitely have more than 10 players on more.

Doyle was a star performer for us in the Premier League, not a has been getting a Mendes engineered last pay check.

Why are you so unnecessarily aggressive in your posting style?

Benfica fan here. Seems like Wolves is building a connection with Benfica.

Benfica fan here. Seems like Wolves is building a connection with Benfica.

I would fully expect to see our team rock up to play you in a Pre-Season game next year

Less of the personal insults, please. Absolutely no need in the first place, but we're all Wolves fans here.

I can only presume Mendes had your Mum or something...#darastylee

Surprised that, apart from Byrne, no rumours of players leaving.

Also pretty sure that Luisao coming means Mike Williamson's career here is over, injury or not, while Ebanks-Landell should well be looking to leave unless he likes playing reserve games for the rest of his contract.

Everyone else trying to calm it down and Kenny wades in with a your mum joke. :icon_lol:

Also pretty sure that Luisao coming means Mike Williamson's career here is over, injury or not, while Ebanks-Landell should well be looking to leave unless he likes playing reserve games for the rest of his contract.

I kinda of hope we sell Danny Bath aswell

I keep saying it, no-one's going to want the players we'd like to sell. They aren't fit for purpose for anything other than bottom end dross in this division or top 6-8 teams in League One, and none of those clubs are going to be capable of matching the money they're on at Wolves. Except Newcastle lulz.

Didn't really expect Benfica to ship out the good stuff?
Guess you're taking our captain. He's no longer a player for the starting eleven for us. He did great under Jorge Jesus, but with Rui Vitória he struggled, then he got injured for months and Jardel with Lindelof made a great partnership. He relies on his tactical awareness and experience, very good header, very slow. Top salary, alongside Jonas, €3M gross.

Back