• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Talisca will be a lot more complicated as he will require a work permit, the others have all been EU.

I am reading quite a lot of negativity from Wolves fans, a bit on here but mainly elsewhere. I read someone today saying that all we had done so far was reinvest the MacDonald money and gave some of Mendes unemployable players a chance!

There certainly isn't much evidence of the £20-£30m yet but maybe the plan is to pick up a few loans, a few bargains and then go big on a couple of players, Talisca being potentially one of them. I approve of this approach, I would certainly prefer this to 7-8 average £2-3m players.

The Championship is very tight with not much between a lot of the teams, 2-3 stand out players can lift you above most of the competition.

Agree with this 100%...Those special players above the norm that cost more can make the difference.

I think Talisca will be going through.....I think they'll want to get the work permit sorted before they announce anything. If it goes through it will be sending a real signal to the supporters and the rest of the division that we mean business and put them on notice for January because if we're in the top 6 we will go big again.

I'm not sure the Talisca deal will happen. The other four deals have flown through, something is obviously holding this one back.

It will be the Work Permit if anything. With the new rules, I wouldn't be surprised if the initial application was rejected and the appeal is now in. That can delay things for weeks and with the possibility of the appeal failing, the club aren't going to announce his signing without it (been bitten by that before)

Talisca will be a lot more complicated as he will require a work permit, the others have all been EU.

This. It takes time and Fosun have only been here a week, got to give it time.

I first posted a link about Talisca on here 3 weeks ago on 12th July.

I was told "It's bollocks in that there are no rival bidders and it is not going to take three weeks. No $#@!ing way."

Let's hope we don't have to wait much longer.

I first posted a link about Talisca on here 3 weeks ago on 12th July.

I was told "It's bollocks in that there are no rival bidders and it is not going to take three weeks. No $#@!ing way."

Let's hope we don't have to wait much longer.

ITK eh? Can you predict the lottery numbers for me too?

Latest I have read on Twitter is that a five year deal has been agreed for Talisca and that only a work permit is outstanding. Goodness knows how true it is though.

ITK eh? Can you predict the lottery numbers for me too?

Ha ha Johnny, I'm not claiming to be ITK.

Just thought I'd remind someone of what they said 3 weeks ago.

I don't know if Talisca will sign, although I must admit that the reports have seemed logical so far, and it now seems more likely.

My worry with the whole Talisca affair is that he's playing us to get a better deal with Liverpool. Irrespective of the work permit the club could say we have secured his signature if indeed it is the case. I can only recall that going wrong once with a GK Dave Jones signed and we couldnt play him (trivia question for someone there who was it?)

OK I googled it and found out anyone got a better memory than me?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I doubt that Liverpool are in for him at all.

Damn you guys have got a good memory I had to google it haha.

We couldn't get a work permit for Zeljko Kalac either. But as far as I'm concerned that whole episode was a complete farce.

Didn't he end up at AC Milan or somewhere equally ridiculous?

Yeah, inexplicable. They had him, Taribo West and Roque Junior at various points. If you think Mendes sending players our way is a bit shady then looking at who Italian teams (in particular) have hoovered up in the past is a whole different ball game!

Think so

All I remember was him about to come on for penalties for Leicester when Claridge scored their last second winner against Derby.

Wasn't Kalac a McGhee special?

McGhee signed him for Leicester and he was dreadful, made a couple of shocking errors early on and got banished to the reserves. After McGhee came here, he signed Corica for £1.1m (thanks Mark) and took Kalac on trial as Leicester were just never going to use him again. Played for our reserves once or twice, we decided that we'd pass. Leicester, being incredibly bitter about us nicking their manager - though they ended up with Martin O'Neill, so we did them a favour - complained to the FA that we'd agreed to sign both players (we hadn't) and for reasons best known to themselves the FA sided with them and we had to pay for Kalac as well, something like £350k. At which point we decided that we might as well try to get him on board if we were paying for the big lug, but the FA said no dice, they didn't believe we'd play him or that he'd shown he was up to the required standard (which was fair enough) and therefore his permit only applied for as long as he was contracted to Leicester, they wouldn't let it carry over to a new club or grant a fresh one. So we paid for nothing.

DJ screwed over Okoronkwo by never playing him, after he left us he agreed terms with Derby but couldn't get a permit as he'd only played a tiny percentage of our games.

God Kalac he was massive and more suited to basketball. I felt sorry for Okoronkwo when he came in we instantly improved. I also remember McGee claiming Corica was better than Kinkladzi...how we were dissapointed with that one.

Back