• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Still need another forward and another full back IMO. Then Talisca to top it all off...

Definitely another full back, although the urgency depends on Iorfa's situation. (Strange we've not heard anything about that yet...)

If we get another striker in then I hope we send Ennis out on loan, I think he's more than ready for League One level and a half season down there - with a team that plays good football, importantly - will do him more good than missing U21 games to sit on the first team bench.

------------------Ikeme*------------------

Iorfa-------Batth--------Hause---------Silvio

-----------Evans---Price---Teixeira--------

------Bodvarsson---Dicko----Helder--------

If we could seriously upgrade on Ikeme between now and the end of the window that would be great. Agree with the need for another full back, I don't want to see Doherty close to the first team. Gives you the flexibility of moving Iorfa inside (though I'm not *that* convinced he's going to play as a centre half long term).

Jesus I can't wait to see the first team sheet of the Zenga era - which of our regular fall guys will survive, which will fall? WHO KNOWS?

(I have a sneaking suspicion Coady might get in there alongside Teixeira since we didn't get Pele, rather than the Price we're all hoping for, but that's me being a fatalist I guess. Whereas Bodvarsson looks like a distinct upgrade on Edwards to me.)

Still need another forward and another full back IMO. Then Talisca to top it all off...

Not fussed about another forward as we have Ennis and Dicko but I agree another full back and Talisca will do very nicely.

With the exception of Newcastle I don't think there will be many better squads in the Champ this season.

That miss v Newcastle at home was fucking awful, but not as bad as his shot away at Middlesbrough that landed on the roof and didn't come down, that takes some doing!
It cleared the roof and landed somewhere in Yarm

------------------Ikeme*------------------

Iorfa-------Batth--------Hause---------Silvio

-----------Evans---Price---Teixeira--------

------Bodvarsson---Dicko----Helder--------

If we could seriously upgrade on Ikeme between now and the end of the window that would be great. Agree with the need for another full back, I don't want to see Doherty close to the first team. Gives you the flexibility of moving Iorfa inside (though I'm not *that* convinced he's going to play as a centre half long term).

you'd hope if anyone at the club could assess the quality of our keepers over the next couple of weeks it would be zenga.

you'd hope if anyone at the club could assess the quality of our keepers over the next couple of weeks it would be zenga.

True, but then that principle didn't apply with Mick and centre halves :icon_lol:

I'd like a proper upgrade on keeper and CB before the window is over.

cm for me, This Tex lad is a reserve team winger isn't he? Think it's too either fr Evans to be asked to play a major role for a top half team, let alone beyond. Noticed in his video WZ said he appreciates hard work smI can see Edwards having a major involvement potentially, even in just the short term.

I'll be astonished if Zenga doesn't see through Edwards very quickly.

I'll be astonished if Zenga doesn't see through Edwards very quickly.

Me too, but I think Coady might be given a chance before he's binned though, and who knows with a bit more quality alongside him and a new head coach .....

Edwards is toast he won't make the bench, Zenga has watched plenty of our games from last season which means he will see Edwards contributes very little.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He will be instructed by KT etc. for starters so I would be amazed if Edwards doesn't play

How is he getting in the side already? And that is before further additions that are likely

Now

-----------------------------------Mason

----------------------Bodvarsson

--Helder-------Price---------------Teixeira--------Henry

Post-big-signing

------------------------Bodvarsson

-Helder-----------Talisca---------Teixera-----Henry

---------------------------Price

Edwards isn't getting near that. And 4-3-3 would make it even less likely.

I am reading quite a lot of negativity from Wolves fans, a bit on here but mainly elsewhere. I read someone today saying that all we had done so far was reinvest the MacDonald money and gave some of Mendes unemployable players a chance!

There certainly isn't much evidence of the £20-£30m yet but maybe the plan is to pick up a few loans, a few bargains and then go big on a couple of players, Talisca being potentially one of them. I approve of this approach, I would certainly prefer this to 7-8 average £2-3m players.

The Championship is very tight with not much between a lot of the teams, 2-3 stand out players can lift you above most of the competition.

I think we have to have faith in the plans of our new owners. I really think Talisca will happen unless he asks for the earth, moon, stars, and heavens.

I'm not sure the Talisca deal will happen. The other four deals have flown through, something is obviously holding this one back.

I'm not particularly bothered about the individual player at this time, even though he looks insanely good. The fact that we had a bid that size accepted in the first place shows just how much money we've got to throw around. If we don't get Talisca we'll get someone equally exciting, even if we have to wait a few years.

I think he is the reason the screens went up. Not keeping QPR clueless about JDB.

We shall see. The fact that Benfica wanted to play at effectively the biggest ever Championship fee is a massive statement already.

Back