• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Then why not sell him to the better bid in the summer and get a player in when prices weren't so high?

It just compounds the awful management from the top. Shocking stuff if true.

Because there would have been a huge uproar, much more so than when we did sell. While I don't think the club is blameless, Afobe isn't the angel portrayed IMO.

Then why not sell him to the better bid in the summer and get a player in when prices weren't so high?

It just compounds the awful management from the top. Shocking stuff if true.

I guess back in the summer we weren't to know what a shit storm of a season we were going to have. Most people would have expected play-offs as a minimum.

I guess back in the summer we weren't to know what a shit storm of a season we were going to have. Most people would have expected play-offs as a minimum.

Afobe had seen Kenny Jackett close up and had good reason to expect little service into him this season. You couldn't blame him for seeing the writing on the wall.

One stayed with us for three years and played in the third tier, the other forced a move?

When the opportunity to play Premier league football comes your way you have to take it. The rewards just don't compare at other levels of the game.

One stayed with us for three years and played in the third tier, the other forced a move?

Sako would've moved to Forest if we had accepted their bid. Afobe didn't force Wolves to accept the Bournemouth offer.

Afobe had seen Kenny Jackett close up and had good reason to expect little service into him this season. You couldn't blame him for seeing the writing on the wall.

That wasn't the case until Dicko got injured. He was firmly part of a front two until then.
Aside from failing to replace Sako, not coping with the loss of Dicko has been KJ's biggest failing.

The trouble is that £15M doesn't do a lot in this league anyway these days. The genius in promotion lies elsewhere and we ain't got it.

Depends how you spend it. A fair few promotion teams spent bugger all first time they went up - burnley being a good example, palace, Norwich. Ipswich went very close having spent very little. The key is always to build a team rather than just splurging on individuals (as Derby have done).

Of course when you buy Shite AND don't have a plan (like us at the moment), it's the worst of both worlds, but money isn't necessarily the be all and end all.

Afobe clearly wanted out, certainly appeared to not give everything when playing and it seems forced the move. Sako was prepared to see out his contract and try his best for the club.
In hindsight we should have sold Afobe in July and reinvested but as others said the reaction at the time ("no ambishun", selling club etc) would have been horrendous.
I expect our transfer business to be similar to this year so not expecting much.

This is the whole point isn't it? Why would any footballer with any ability or insight into the game want to play for Kenny Jackett?

Given the choice would you rather have the same squad of players next season but with a new manager, or keep Ken but have 5 or 6 new signings?

I'd happily keep the same squad if we replaced Ken.

Given the choice would you rather have the same squad of players next season but with a new manager, or keep Ken but have 5 or 6 new signings?

New manager 100%

Lets get the players we have playing to their potential in a system they understand rather than sign more players who would just get confused under the current leadership.

Doesn't even require a nano-second's thought. New manager

That's lunacy given that Kenny had us one point away from the play-offs last season before losing Stearman, Afobe, Sako, and Dicko, all for one reason or another.

Give him the tools and he'll do the job.

New manager 100%

Lets get the players we have playing to their potential in a system they understand rather than sign more players who would just get confused under the current leadership.

Totally. After this fucked up season Sackett must pay the price. I can't think of anything positive to say about him from the entire season.

What's the point of signing more players who are either sub standard or this clown won't play as he can't figure out how to fit them into his masterplan.

He is taking the piss now with his selections, substitutions (or lack of), broken promises about using youngsters and crowing about 0-0 bore draws.

That's lunacy given that Kenny had us one point away from the play-offs last season before losing Stearman, Afobe, Sako, and Dicko, all for one reason or another.

Give him the tools and he'll do the job.
So you think Jackett is making the most of what's available to him?

Five-six new players.
Jackett has performed poorly at times, but has had ridiculous injuries to key players.

I'm always against changing unless absolutely necessary, which I don't think we are at yet.

Yet.

For me, Jackett has got to go. I don't trust him to spend whatever limited funds will be available in the close season and he's sure as shit proved he can't get a tune out of the present squad.
If he's still in charge come August, we're in serious jeopardy of relegation.

New manager. I don't care what players we have lost through injuries and sales it's quite clear that Jackett has lost the plot. Can't settle on a formation, Price always the scapegoat in our midfield, Henry the best player he has ever seen, the lack of subs when it's quite clear they are needed, reluctance to play players who then turn out to be better than what we have anyway, (Graham, Wallace) Ikeme seemingly first choice no matter what now even though he was dropped earlier in the season and his form hasn't improved and then there's the fact that we have won 3 games in 19 and that's relegation form, we got lucky at xmas and it's kept us away from a relegation battle.

There's lots more but it's there for everyone to see, there is no way Jackett should still be here in August but unfortunately i think he will and things won't improve.

Back